Sr. Operations Program Mgr
Employment Type: Full-Time
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, Amazon Show, and we continue to invent and innovate! The Amazon Lab126 delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
Advanced Product Operations (APO) team is responsible for New Product Introductions for some of Amazon's most innovative and challenging programs. We are a critical part of the Product Management and Hardware Development process. We are accountable to manage the successful launch of Amazon's latest innovative devices beginning at concept and ending at delighting customers. We engage, partner, and collaborate at all levels in the Lab126 organization to manage Operations, Product Cost, Material Readiness, and Factory Readiness. We take on the really tough ideas and turn them into reality!
The Senior Operations Program Manager (OPM) is the Single-Threaded Owner (STO) responsible to manage the program launch by working with local and remote Product Management, Operations, Engineering, and Software teams. The OPM has a business orientation, manages the factory readiness, and works with business partners that manage Product Cost and Material Readiness.
As Senior OPM, you:
* are the STO for all aspects of Operational Readiness of the Program;
* are the leader and accountable to represent the Operations and Supply Chain Organization to the Project;
* coordinate with internal and external cross-functional teams to launch both Amazon products and third-party projects (3P) that use Amazon's software and hardware integrated into a partner device;
* engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, develop, and launch innovative products;
* collaborate with cross functional teams and the manufacturing partner to develop and drive manufacturing processes, capacity models, equipment & fixture delivery, quality control plans, implementation schedules, validation plans and cost reductions;
* report program updates on a weekly and monthly basis to all levels of the organization;
* travel as needed to accomplish business needs.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing complex programs with previous experience supporting the introduction of new products. The ideal candidate will also:
* have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
* have worked supporting new products in an operations/manufacturing role;
* have experience partnering with geographically dispersed and/or ad-hoc teams
* be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed in an open collaborative peer environment;
* enjoy working in a fast-paced, changing, dynamic environment
* Bachelor's Degree
* 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
* Experience with end to end product delivery
* Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
* Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
* Master Degree or greater
* 7+ years' experience in operations, managing throughout the product life cycle from Concept to EOL
* Published articles, authored or co-authored journal or similar documentation
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us