Member Services Representative I
Employment Type: Full-Time
Altura Credit Union
Member Service Rep I, MSC
Job Title: Member Service Representative I
Department: Member Service
The Member Services Representative I provide courteous, confidential and professional service to our members over the telephone, email or via secure message. The MSR I provide service in a professional, efficient, and friendly manner, by greeting members over the telephone, determining their needs, and providing 'Start to Finish' member service.
% of Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accurately performs Symitar functions as required. Displays a working knowledge of all the credit union processes, products and services in order to provide consistent and excellent member service with each call. Including understanding and utilizing the MERT process.
Resolves basic member account inquiries and issues such as: balance inquiries; check in clearing; share withdrawals; transfers between accounts; loan payments; CD rates and address changes.
Provides assistance to members on existing ATM/Debit card accounts including research and changes while ensuring the security of our member's accounts.
Educates members on the value of membership with Altura Credit Union with the exemplary cross sell of financial products and understands profitability concepts and cross selling appropriate services to members to increase their profitability.
Provides basic assistance with Online Banking and Web Bill Pay inquiries
Maintains knowledge of current promotions and products
Attends required job related training classes as required and obtains a passing grade of 90% or higher.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and/or QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or its equivalent is required, college is preferred.
* A minimum of 6 months' experience in retail or customer service is required.
* Basic computer skills using Windows-based software, as well as basic Internet skills, are required.
* Record of performance that highlights positive employee relationships, teamwork, initiative, and personal excellence.
* Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
* Effective organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability to produce documents, spreadsheets, analytics, databases, etc. with Windows-based software as well as demonstrated proficiency with effective navigation and resourcing of the Internet.
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects within tight deadline schedules.
* Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with Altura Credit Union, and its Affiliates, staff and management.
* No foreign language skills are required; however, fluency in Spanish is helpful.
* Proficient math skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and calculate averages and percentages.
* High level of reasoning capability and problem resolution skills, with the ability to collect, compile, and analyze information and present data in an understandable format to management and employees.
* Ability to make sound decisions under extreme circumstances with confidence and firmness after assembling facts and weighing alternative solutions.
* Ability to use good judgment in setting priorities and carrying out duties under limited supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The ability to sit at a desk, use a computer by typing on a keyboard or 10-key calculator for 80% of the workday, file and retrieve documents from a file cabinet, and occasionally leave the work station to walk around to deliver mail and other documents to other work areas.
* This position requires the ability to stand for 20% of the workday.
* The ability to use the arms to lift storage boxes of files onto shelving overhead twice a week.
* This job does not require a person to lift and/or move more than 30 pounds. Personal protection equipment is available.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment consists of but is not limited to a typica