Territory Sales Manager - San Mateo, CA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Real Challenge, Real Impact. Real Rewards.
Are you passionate about starting your career at a Fortune 200 Company? Altria Group Distribution Company's role is to provide sales, distribution, and consumer engagement services for Altria's tobacco operating companies.
Altria Group Distribution Company is currently seeking a qualified Territory Sales Manager to join our Field Sales Force. As a Territory Sales Manager with Altria, you'll have the opportunity to influence our industry in our ever-changing landscape. The hardworking diverse leaders we seek are responsible for handling an assigned sales territory, averaging $15 million in annual revenue, comprised of approximately 130 established retail accounts in a non-commission sales environment. Upon completion of our comprehensive and hands-on sales training program, Territory Sales Managers will be challenged and empowered to:
* Handle sales and distribution within a given geography, including merchandising as needed
* Responsibly sell company initiatives to retail partners including: promotions, new brands, inventory management and pricing strategies
* Consult, advise and engage with retail partners on category management and business analytics to help improve the performance of their business
* Develop innovative ways to improve business performance through data analysis, brand marketing, product placement and purposeful planning
* Develop and utilize systems to track, measure and analyze progress against key marketing initiatives and other business metrics
* Grow leadership capability through ongoing comprehensive training and high impact experiences
* A Bachelor's Degree or meaningful sales experience
* Ability to build sales plans and handle time effectively
* Ability to communicate ideas and concepts to influence business partners
* Collaborate well in a team environment and develop account relationships
* Utilize analytics to evaluate market opportunities and impact business performance
* Provide innovative & creative solutions to business challenges
* Strong dedication to individual growth and leadership development
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your skills toward key business goals, we offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including the following:
* Competitive salary with annual incentive compensation by target
* Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees, spouses or domestic partners and eligible dependents
* Deferred profit sharing plan that includes options for personal contributions up to 35% of your base salary and a company match, dollar-for-dollar for what you contribute, up to 3% of your base salary.
* Company vehicle for business and personal use (Chevy Traverse)
* Work life balance options, including potential flexible work hours
* A minimum of 3 weeks' vacation, 14 paid holidays and vacation purchase option
* Maternity and paternity leave of absence benefits. This benefit is an additional to short-term disability benefits, if applicable.
* Educational refund program and student loan reimbursement program
* Business laptop, cell phone and internet reimbursement
* Adoption assistance, child, and dependent care programs
We do not retain resumes submitted outside of our application process. Because Driving is required for the position, you must have a valid U.S. driver license in good standing for the last 3 years. Any DUI/DWI conviction in the last 3 years will be an immediate disqualifier for the position. You must be able to work full time within the United States without sponsorship. Territory Sales Managers must be able to lift, push, pull, reach, conduct overhead work and carry bags and boxes as part of the sales activities (up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis; up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis; possibly up to 50 pounds on a seldom basis).
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that leads the premier tobacco companies in the United States. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton. We have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation's leading e-vapor company. And we have an 80 percent interest in Helix Innovations, which manufactures and markets on!, an oral tobacco-derived nicotine pouch product. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest brewer. Altria's significant stake in Cronos Group, a leading global cannabinoid company, represents an exciting new global growth opportunity. At Altria, we celebrate the power of diverse teams working together to shape our future. We are inspired to bring our best because our unique strengths are valued. We believe our personal success and progress should be guided by Our Cultural Aspiration, a new articulation of what we value and who we aspire to be, collectively. Our Cultural Aspiration respects and complements individual identity, embracing each other's unique strengths, welcoming newcomers and developing the best, most inclusive and diverse teams. Over the next 10 years, we have the opportunity to make more progress on harm reduction than we have in the past 50 years. Join us as we work together to shape a better future for adult tobacco consumers, our employees, and our shareholders. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer.