Employment Type: Full-Time
Job ID: 2021-26895
10607 West River Street, Truckee, CA
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
* Assist with quality assurance of Plant Maintenance work completed by Altice technical services/contractors for both Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) and Fiber to the Home (FTTH).
* Supports efforts to standardize policies & procedures for the Network Operation preventative maintenance teams.
* Work closely with Network Operations teams throughout Altice technical services and AlticeUSA to ensure that all local, state, and national rules and regulations of any regulatory agencies are adhered to:
* Conduct random visits to perform tests as required on equipment using signal level meters, sweep analyzer, voltage OHM meter, spectrum analyzer, optical TDR and other related test equipment to ensure compliance with SCC, Public Service Commission (PSC), Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and AlticeUSA specifications.
* Ability to setup, troubleshoot and use of all Construction & Outside Plant troubleshooting tools for monitoring, testing, and repairing the network:
* Responsible for the testing of all telecommunication equipment from the Head end to the subscriber terminal device including television, telephone and computer, using the appropriate test equipment.
* Responsible for inspection of plant construction, cabinet construction, HFC and Fiber EoL from documentation.
* Validate as-build maps to design and construction.
* Complete all administrative documentation relating to the maintenance and repair of cable plant and system components with accuracy.
* Provide support to compliance management group regarding automated testing.
* Partner with Network Operations technicians to develop processes to strengthen Plant QoS procedures.
* Provides detailed reports on system performance and overall health of the plant.
* Responsible for special projects and performs other duties as assigned by leadership.
* Responsible for interfacing with other AlticeUSA departments as required and necessary, to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
* High School Diploma or Equivalent.
* 5-7 years' experience in a similar role required
* Demonstrated performance operating at a Quality Technician Sr. level or equivalent outside plant experience required.
* SCTE BPI (Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers Broadband certification or equivalent preferred.
* Experience with customer interactions preferred.
* Demonstrated understanding of community antenna television(CATV) aerial and underground construction.
* Basic understanding of AC/DC theory, the National Electric Code and National Safety Code.
* Demonstrated expertise in the interpretation of system design prints and in depth knowledge of Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) and Fiber to the Home (FTTH) network.
* Proficiency in setup and use of all Outside Plant tools including: Signal. Leakage (Effigis, Comsonics, etc.) Return Path Monitoring, Sweep systems, and VeEX Meter operations.
* Must possess advanced knowledge of system specific products and test Outside Plant.
* Must have a working knowledge of Outside Plant/Inside Plant operations.
* Must understand the following fiber concepts; loss, testing, characterization, design and construction.
* Experience working with Workforce Management programs across Field Service, Construction, and Outside Plant.
* Knowledge of all contractor specifications and billing procedures.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated leadership abilities.
* Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required as well as 24 hours standby when needed.
* Clean and valid States Driver's License with ability to travel to other work locations as necessary.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Can't find the job you're looking for?
Join our Talent Community and receive job alerts when we have new opportunities that match your interests.
Share This Page