Bellperson/Valet - Westin Monache Mammoth
Employment Type: Part-Time
Westin Monache Mammoth Resorts Service Express Valet Attendant Part Time Seasonal
ALTERRA MOUNTAIN COMPANY OVERVIEW:
The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure.
Steamboat, Winter Park Resort; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort; Stratton; Snowshoe; Tremblant, Blue Mountain; Deer Valley Resort; Solitude Mountain Resort; CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures, Alpine Aerotech.
RESORT OVERVIEW, CULTURE AND VISION:
At the Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth contemporary elegance redefines mountain lodging. The Westin Monache is Mammoth Mountain's only luxury, full-service, four diamond hotel offering gracious hospitality, a majestic setting and Westin's standard of excellence. The Westin Monache Resort Mammoth is a 230 all-suite resort just steps from The Village at Mammoth. The resort is located adjacent to the village gondola with direct access to the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area. The Westin brand is built on four unique differences - tradition, distinctive hotels, products and service. We look for 'people who make the difference', a Westin legacy where associates deliver a consistent and memorable level of service at all times.
Create emotional connections with guests by providing all valet, bell and shuttle driving services to guests in accordance with Westin Brand Standards.
* Provide a pivotal first impression, setting the tone for the guest/owner experience
* Extend a warm and friendly greeting to all arriving and departing guests/owners
* Open vehicle doors upon arrival to the property
* Offer luggage assistance and guide the guest to the front desk for check in
* Assist guess to their rooms and extend knowledge of the property, town and ski area.
* Collaborate with front desk to ensure all luggage, shuttle and vehicle requests are fulfilled in a timely and effective manor
* Contribute to the effectiveness of the check-out process by transporting guest luggage from the room to guest vehicle. Pack vehicle efficiently.
* Safely and orderly park guest vehicles while ensuring documentation of any pre-existing vehicle damage
* Provide shuttle service to guests within our town limits in all road conditions including but not limited to: normal road conditions, snowy/icy road conditions and rainy road conditions.
* Maintain cleanliness of lobby, bell closet, garage and front drive
* Positively and professionally respond to manager/supervisor requests to complete tasks assigned in accordance to Westin/Marriott Brand standards and Mammoth Way values.
* Collaborate with other departments and other team members
* Communicate in a professional manner with all other associates, management, owners and guests.
* Candidates should enjoy public interaction and display a positive attitude with a willingness to serve.
* Candidate is to act with integrity and comply with all company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of 2 years guest service, public relations or sales experience
* Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
* Ability to multi-task in a high-volume setting
* Marriott experience beneficial
* 1 year of previous Bell/Valet experience at a luxury full-service resort preferred
* Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one setting or in a group
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must hold a valid driver's license in good standing