Research & Evaluation Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Director of Evaluation Design, the Research and Evaluation Analyst is responsible for gathering, analyzing and reporting on demographic and health indicator data that supports the Institute's health equity projects, both funded and proposed. The R&E will develop a data analysis process, including planning and examining data distributions, documenting analyses and analysis programs, interpreting the results, and presenting/explaining methods and results to non-technical audiences. Major responsibilities include providing data to Institute staff to assist in the identification of best practices, population need, service delivery performance, patient satisfaction, tracks and trends of population conditions, quality improvement projects and initiatives. The R&E Analyst will review literature of evidenced-based practices, perform workflow analyses, help to improve program models, and communicate with internal and external customers. This position will require familiarity with SPSS and/or SAS, or other statistical software program(s). The R&E Analyst will cultivate and maintain partnerships and collaborations with external sources of health care environment data and information, and review health policy and public health data to stay current and inform key stakeholders on emerging community health issues and concerns.
1. Gathers and analyses demographic and public health research data about communities and populations served by AltaMed.
2. Accesses AltaMed's proprietary patient data for use in analysis projects.
3. Analyzes health and demographic data to identify health disparities and unmet health-related needs
4. Develops summary and detailed informational reports and presentations that inform AltaMed's program improvement and fund development
efforts to improve delivery of care and services to underserved communities
5. Manages departmental health resource and information library accessed by internal stakeholders and partners
6. Gathers summarized data from local, state and federal government databases and organization databases to support preparation of the
background, rationale, or significance sections of grant applications, manuscripts, and organization reports
a. Obtains demographic data related to the specific target population, service area, or community;
b. Produces charts, maps with data overlays, graphics to present data;
c. Finds research literature that supports proposal thematic arguments
7. Gathers primary data from organization databases and conducts basic descriptive statistics, including frequencies, correlations, and measures of
central tendency, variability, and distribution, to support preparation of various sections of grant applications, manuscripts and reports and to
support the work done by grant-funded health promotion/services projects or research projects
8. Conducts power and sample size calculations for proposed research grants to demonstrate to funding agencies an adequate sample size (number
of research participants) to answer the (statistical) research questions posed in the application
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's of Science in public health, health administration, business administration, public administration or related field required. M.A. degree preferred. A minimum of four (4) years of experience in data analysis required. Some experience with SPSS and/or SAS, or other statistical software program(s).