Laboratory Technician/ Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance, safety, certification and verification purposes.
General Accountability: The primary responsibility of this position is to prepare and ship equipment to customers.This is a permanent, full time, direct hire position.
Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, with occasional overtime during the week and on weekends as needed.
Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday schedule may also be available
The candidate will be challenged with a variety of tasks ranging from shipping to repairing equipment.
Requires high attention to detail
* Prepare sampling equipment - this involves the use of laboratory equipment such as conditioning oven, basic hand tools like wrenches and pliers.
* Prepare shipping cases - sampling equipment is shipped to customers in pelican cases. Technician will ensure all components of the shipment are properly packed in the cases, in perfect condition, with all associated documentation.
* Learn and utilize computer software and systems required to track equipment
* Accurately maintain electronic records
* Assist in tracking and maintaining inventory at acceptable quantities to fulfill orders
* Take direction from Team Leader regarding equipment maintenance and cleaning
* Learn all procedures performed in the department and insure these procedures comply with SOPs and good laboratory practices.
* Uphold and enforce safety regulations as dictated and directed by corporate policy and the safety committee.
* Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Computer literate
* Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment
* Must be organized, detail oriented, be able to take positive direction, work with a team
* Have some flexibility regarding schedule - irregular hours are sometimes requested, a well as some overtime and/or weekends, when necessary.
* Must be reliable, adaptable, willing to learn
Desired Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to use basic hand tools, mechanically inclined
Benefits offered after 90 day probationary period. Benefits include, paid time off, vacation hours, health coverage, vision coverage and dental coverage.
College degree not required.
Candidate MUST hold high school diploma/GED, undergo background check and drug screening.
Due to the testing services we provide and industries we support, ALS is considered an Essential Service and we are open for business. No closures have been experienced or are anticipated.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster