Global Social Media Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
San Francisco, CA | Marketing Team | Reports to Senior Brand Activation Manager
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We're a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and our headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we've been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren't mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. And as a certified B Corp, we're dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials - designed for life's everyday adventures.
Where we need help
We're looking for a highly creative and strategic Social Media Manager to bring our stories to life and grow the community on our global social media channels. You'll be responsible for leading and executing our social media plans and creating social-first content.
The ideal candidate will have a strong grip on how to approach social media platforms, in particular Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and Youtube. They will be an excellent copywriter and creative content creator who's in touch with culture, and can bring the Allbirds brand and values to life in a way that engages with and attracts new audiences. They will be ready to roll up their sleeves and work alongside our brand and creative team, agency partners, and a cross-functional group of stakeholders.
What does the job entail?
* Social Strategy
* Develop channel-right social media strategies with a focus on Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn and Youtube. And act as a key thought partner for quarterly marketing moments, planning channel-right strategies and content.
* Manage the social media calendar and social media activity daily.
* Report on insights and performance, proactively making recommendations, updates and improvements based on findings.
* Establish best practices and analyse competitor activity to share with key team members.
* Content Creation
* Produce engaging photo, video, and written content and lead in-house photo and video shoots.
* Refine and master the Allbirds social media voice.
* Work with our creative team to create social-first content for brand marketing activations, products, and cultural moments.
* Relationship Building
* Develop Allbirds's influencer community in style-driven content partnerships.
* Identify and build relationships with new digital content partners, creators and tastemakers.
What kind of person are we looking for?
* 5-7 years of experience in a Social Media role, with a focus on content creation.
* Strong awareness of cultural trends relevant to our target.
* Experience with a consumer and/or product brand.
* International experience, comfortable working with teams around the world
* Exceptionally strong writing and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present ideas and information clearly and write in various styles for diverse audiences
* A can-do and collaborative approach to ideation and execution
* Experience working on photo and video shoots - art directing, producing, and concepting
* Strong existing relationships with key digital influencers and tastemakers
Additional skills needed:
* BA/BS or equivalent work experience
* Expert in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
* Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
* Social copywriting skills
* Art Direction and Content Creation experience
* Experience using Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Opal or other social media management platforms
What can we offer?
* Competitive salary + equity
* Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
* 401k employer match
* Paid parental leave
* Fitness benefits
* Discounted products
* Pup friendly office!
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Professional, employment-related, or schooling information.
Current or past job history, performance evaluations, and educational background, including grades and transcripts.
How We Use Your Information
For professional, internal analysis, or employment-related purposes, including job applications.