Clean Tech Business Development Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
Purpose & Mission
The Energy Separation Business Unit is facing a 'good disruption' driven by global sustainability trends. A new market is emerging around the Circular economy and traditional players in heavy and light industry need improved efficiency, close water loops and reduce waste to stay in business. Our separation solutions are well suited to take a substantial portion of these new markets. As Clean tech Business Development Lead you will be responsible for developing and driving Clean Tech opportunities and function as a thought leader for the US market.
Who you are
You're passionate about sustainability and technology. You have a holistic understanding of the business landscape. You like to identify deeper customer needs and understand business drivers to develop opportunities. You´re comfortable interacting and building business relationships with all levels. You are also a team player, comfortable working across organization and cultures in a truly international environment.
Note: Remote candidates will be considered. Travel expectations are approximately 15-30% (primarily domestic).
About the job
In a growing team, you will work closely with technology specialists in our process sales organization and collaborate with colleagues located in Sales companies. Areas of focus include CleanTech, Circular economy, Recycling, Transformation of Energy companies to renewable, Green Hydrogen and ZLD (zero liquid discharge). Technologies include freshwater generators, evaporation, high speed separators and decanters. Reporting to the Head of Process sales in Tumba, Sweden, responsibilities include:
* Driving business development with a mid-term perspective (1-3 years)
* Independently developing business proposals for some of the solutions in your portfolio
* Developing Clean Tech partnerships in line with the business unit strategy
* Participating in regional or global communities, both internal and external
* Closing orders, generating revenue, and delivering on business cases
* Functioning as the Business Unit lead for a Cleantech segment
What you know
* You have 2+ years of technical-commercial experience, preferably linked to industrial production processes, circular economy or recycling in an international setting.
* You are comfortable with a matrix organization and understand how to manage the customer journey with indirect responsibilities.
* You have a graduate degree in engineering, business or similar.
* You are passionate about sustainability and like to constantly grow your knowledge.
* Fluent written and spoken English is a requirement.
What's in it for you?
We offer a challenging position in an open and friendly environment where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval's future success. Our benefits-eligible associates enjoy healthcare, dental and vision plans, a robust wellness program, generous 401(k), paid holidays, paid time off benefits, and more.