Employment Type: Full-Time
City Experiences is seeking a Bartender for our City Cruises operation in Newport Beach.
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
Use your bartending and people skills to add magic to City Cruises public and private events. The position requires extensive cocktail knowledge, a passion for customer service and pride in personal grooming and presentation of self to guests. Days, evenings and weekend shifts available.
Successful candidates will possess the ability to stay calm and composed in a fast-paced environment and display the willingness to be a team player, handling bar duties and assisting with vessel preparation and closure. This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace while maintaining poise and grace.
* Prepare beverages, cocktails and wine orders in adherence to state and city alcohol laws, and company service standards
* Maintain a clean and well-stocked bar
* Convey broad cocktail knowledge and mix complex drinks consistently
* Collect money, accurately make change and accurately input into POS
* Serve guests and fill server orders quickly and courteously
* Check IDs in accordance with beverage guidelines
* Diplomatically handle difficult customer service situations while maintaining company standards and following applicable liquor laws
* Additional duties may be assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
* Day's evenings, weekend's and holiday shifts are available. A Flexible schedule is required.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Bartending experience
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, stand for up to eight hours, and lift and move up to 50 pounds; ability to go up and down narrow stairs
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.