Sr. Data Visualization Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
Sr. Data Visualization Analyst
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Business Intelligence Product Management team is responsible for working with business stakeholders, subject matter experts and IT partners to develop enterprise grade business intelligence tools to help democratize our data and drive data-based decision making. The Business Intelligence Product Management team is part of the Data and Insights Center of Excellence.
As the Data Visualization Sr. Analyst, you will be working closely with a team of business users across multiple business functions, BI product owners and data engineers to create data visualizations and dashboards that transforms data from a wide variety of sources and systems to drive new business insight. You must be adept at understanding business requirements and effectively translating requirements into a user experience that drives data-based decision making.
The ideal candidate is someone with endless curiosity, loves data, have a passion for product development and is obsessed with effective use of data and visual storytelling to drive value for our business stakeholders.\
This position will report to the Sr. Product Director Business Intelligence.
* Preferred experience in retail and/or eCommerce along with a strong background in business intelligence.
* Hands on development experience building dynamic dashboards using PowerBI, Tableau or similar BI tool experience.
* Proficient SQL skills required, expert in creative data wrangling and data scrubbing.
* A strong eye and skill for dashboard design and visual storytelling.
* Love for a fast-paced startup environment and is comfortable with ambiguity, rapid product iterations.
* Curiosity and eagerness to expand your skill set and willingness to go above and beyond the job description.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills - someone who can articulate design decisions and present solutions effectively to various stakeholders
* Minimum 3+ years of experience in an analytics role
* BA/BS required in related field and/or equivalent experience
* Expert SQL skills
* Hands-on data visualization experience with BI tools
* Data obsessed, Problem-Solver with high aptitude for learning!
* Self-motivated and independent who operates with passion, urgency, focus and discipline
* Team player that will enthusiastically take on other assignments to support our team!
* 'Yes, we can!' attitude with a positive outlook to match our equally awesome team!
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
* Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
* Team: We always support and recognize each other
* Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
* Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
* Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
* Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
* Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
* Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
* May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
* Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
* Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
* Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER