Project Technical Lead, Pharmacy Applications
Employment Type: Full-Time
Project Technical Lead, Pharmacy Applications
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Project Technical Lead, Pharmacy Applications. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
* Determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
* Analyze highly complex business requirements in Cloud environments.
* Design and create technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
* Analyze problems outlined by Business Systems Analysts in terms of detailed technology requirements and capabilities.
* Ensure logic and design is in alignment with core architecture of the system/application.
* Participate in the definition and implementation of standards.
* Provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
* Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
* Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
* Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
* Hands on as required.
* Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides.
* Develop documentation standards, procedures, and approval hierarchies as SDLC evolves.
* Support PMO documentation to support Projects through respective SDLC Gates for Legacy and Agile Tracks.
* Lead the technical development on projects pertaining to Albertsons Pharmacies initiatives.
* Collaborate with vendors on system improvements or integration to current Pharmacy systems
* Work with numerous IT and business groups to implement quality and stable solutions
* Collaborate with QA and infrastructure teams and participate in troubleshooting, configuration, and problem resolution as necessary
* Oversee the work of less experienced staff.
* 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
* 5+ years of programming experience (OOAD, Java EE, Web Services Technologies, SOAP and/or REST).
* Strong design and programming skills.
* Strong understanding of patterns and best practices.
* Strong ability to decompose a broad level business requirement into technical implementation.
* Ability to mentor and guide development team members.
* Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service-oriented attitude.
* Strong understanding of web development.
* Experience with systems Integration including building message-based and ETL Integrations.
* Working knowledge of Datastage, WebSphere Message Broker and DataPower.
* Experience with workflow and personalization systems to support customer experience preferred.
* Strong understanding of best practices around website security and Certificate protocols a plus.
* Strong knowledge of web server and application server capabilities and configuration.
* Experience with web technologies such as caching, SEO, MVC.
* Understanding of security solutions such as single sign on, federated single sign on, access management, encryption, SSL, Directory Server (LDAP), and Identity Management.
* Desire to learn new skills and technologies relating to Cloud platforms, document management, content management, workflow, portal and search / taxonomy technologies.
* Experience with Pharmacy Systems (EPS) and Point of Sales Systems, to assist interfaces and integration to target database (Snowflake).
* Azure Cloud experience desirable.
* Innovative thinking to solve challenging problems.
* Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual contributor work environments.
* Experience managing deliverables from offshore team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
* Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
* Team: We always support and recognize each other
* Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
* Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
* Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
* Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
* Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
* Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
* May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
* Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
* Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
* Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER