Dental Assistant , Full Time, Highland Dental Clinic
Employment Type: Full-Time
SUMMARY: Assists Dentist or engages independently in various standard and advanced dental procedures.
Must have RDAEF license
1. Makes appointments for patients; keeps records of patient's admissions, results of examinations, dental work performed, and number of patients seen; keeps dental office and equipment neat, clean and sanitary.
2. Takes digital x-rays and takes, develops and mounts non-digital x-rays; assists in dental laboratory; mixes and maintains supplies of solutions for developing and sterilizing.
3. Conducts preliminary evaluation of the patient's oral health, including, but not limited to, charting, intraoral and extra-oral evaluation of soft tissue, classifying occlusion, and myofunctional evaluation.
4. Performs oral health assessments in school-based, community health project settings under the direction of a dentist, registered dental hygienist, or registered dental hygienist in alternative practice.
5. Cord retraction of gingiva for impression procedures.
6. Sizes and fits endodontic master points and accessory points.
7. Cements endodontic master points and accessory points.
8. Takes final impressions for permanent indirect restorations.
9. Takes final impressions for tooth-borne removable prosthesis.
10. Polishes and contours existing amalgam restorations.
11. Places, contours, finishes, and adjusts all direct restorations.
12. Adjusts and cements permanent indirect restorations.
13. Other procedures authorized by regulations adopted by the board.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Must have RDAEF license
Required Education: Completion of an accredited RDAEF dental program.
Required Experience: Three years as a Registered Dental Assistant.
Required Licenses/Certifications: Licensed as a Registered Dental Assistant In Extended Functions;
Is licensed on or after January 1, 2010.
Is licensed prior to January 1, 2010, has successfully completed a board approved course in the additional procedures specified in paragraphs (1), (2), (5), and (7) to (11), inclusive, of subdivision (b) of Section 1753.5, and passed the examination as specified in Section 1753.4. (b) (1) Determine which radiographs to perform on a patient who has not received an initial examination by the supervising dentist for the specific purpose of the dentist making a diagnosis and treatment plan for the patient. In these circumstances, the dental assistant in extended functions shall follow protocols established by the supervising dentist. This paragraph only applies in the following settings: (A) in a dental office setting. (B) In public health settings, using telehealth, as defined by Section 2290.5, for the purpose of communication with the supervising dentist, including, but not limited to, schools, head start and preschool programs, and community clinics, under the general supervision of a dentist.#06022021