Analytical Technologies Scientist III
Employment Type: Full-Time
Together, Let's Make A Difference.
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry's top leaders for large molecule manufacturing and aseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that supports personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come.
Do you enjoy working in a dynamic, inspiring team with an amazing culture? If you do, then Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Analytical Technologies Scientist III. The Analytical Scientist III conducts analytical method related activities and coaches junior staff in analytics to support client's drug product and drug substance manufacturing and fill-finish. This position requires hands on experience in analytical method development, method transfer, qualification and validation according to ICH and pharmacopial guidelines. This role is responsible for bench level deliverables and is able to work indepedently as well as in a team environment.
* Conduct analytical method development/optimization, product characterization and assist in Client's method transfer .
* Develops, qualifies, and validates analytical methods. Data analysis and method perfromance tracking using Excel and JMP.
* Provide scientific direction and assist in technical problem solving. Align with clients' project priorities and Project Management timline .
* Client interaction in project meetings and communicate effectively on method transfer, material request, protocol and report review and approval (internal/external).
* Write standard operating procedures (SOP's), qualification protocols and reports in a timely manner and route through quality management system.
* Data analysis, data review and interpretation.
* Assists in training junior staff
* Regular and reliable attendance at work on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
* Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and practices.
* Embodies Ajinomoto BioPharma Services' cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in a Life Sciences discipline or equivalent required. A graduate degree (Masters or PhD in a Life Sciences or Engineering discipline) preferred.
* BS: minimum of 17 years of experience, MS: minimum of 11 years, PhD: 7 years in Analytical Chemistry PhD in relevant discipline.
* Advanced knowledge in analytical method development in at least two key areas: HPLC, LC-MS, UV-Vis, CE-SDS, MALS, DLS, cIEF, SDS-PAGE
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to partner well internally in matrix environment.
* Identifies and solves technical problems proactively with minor supervision.
* Provides technical method and assay training to junior staff
We provide a Total Rewards package designed to make life better - both at work and at home.
* Annual Bonus Opportunities for All Employees
* 15 Days Starting PTO (Annual Increase) + Sick Time Off + Volunteer Time Off
* Paid Parental Leave
* Annual Company Shutdown in December
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental + Vision
* 401K Company Match + Immediate Vesting
* Backup Daycare and Eldercare
* Monthly Employee Appreciation Events and Food Truck Fridays
* Employee Discount Programs
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Casual Dress Code
* Wellness Programs
* Community Outreach Opportunities
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the 'Careers' section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.