Lead Dock Agent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Wake up each day to be part of a movement. A movement to make an impact. A movement to go for it. A movement to provide solutions. A movement to be empowered. A movement to do the right thing.
our people deliver.®
Empowerment, active listening and creative thinking are a few attributes AIT teammates exercise to deliver a world-class customer experience.
AIT seeks a Full-Time Lead Dock Agent to work in our Torrance, CA office!
The Lead Dock Agent will be responsible for processing shipments in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring operational excellence, high efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
What You Will Be Doing Day-to-Day:
* Load and unload trucks in a safe & efficient manner in accordance with SOP
* Pull and stage outbound freight using loading manifest
* Identify and process domestic and international freight accurately
* Ensure freight is placed in the in designated areas accurately and timely
* Must operate propane Forklift
* Processing all cargo Dim and re-weigh and properly secured
* Promotes and maintains a safe and clean work environment
* All other duties as assigned
What We Look for in Teammates:
* A team player who works well with others - being respectful to our teammates is a Core Value!
* A strong work ethic with an appreciation for ownership, independence, accountability and autonomy in your role.
* Growth mindset - being passionate about your craft, always looking for ways to improve yourself and the company, being open to change and doing things differently.
Other Skills We Hope to See:
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
* Forklift Operations certified required
* Minimum 1-3 years' experience in warehouse/logistics industry
* Exhibits strong oral and written spanish skills
* Able to communicate effectively
* Attention to detail
* Able to work in a fast paced and team oriented environment
* Knowledge of airport codes destinations and basic geography knowledge
Physical and Other Requirements:
* Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain certification in Fork Lift Operation
* Able to repetitively lift a minimum of 50lbs for a duration of a shift, 8 to 10 hours
* Must be able to stand, walk, and squat for extended period of time
What AIT Can Offer You:
* Growing company with a record year in performance that continues to scale!
* Hands-on and passionate CEO who understands the importance of hiring great talent - passionately caring for co-workers is a Core Value!
* Laid-back and open-door work environment
* High Performance culture with a focus on a growth mindset where continuous improvement is embraced
* Opportunity for advancement
* Competitive compensation package
* Full line-up of benefits
* Tuition assistance
* Volunteer program - it's also a Core Value - we actively engage in our communities!
About AIT Worldwide Logistics:
AIT Worldwide Logistics is a global freight forwarder that helps its customers grow by expanding access to markets all over the world where they can sell and/or procure raw materials, components and finished goods. For more than 40 years, the Chicago-based supply chain solutions leader has relied on a consultative approach to build a global network and trusted partnerships in nearly every industry, including aerospace, automotive, consumer retail, food, government, healthcare, high-tech, industrial and life sciences. Backed by scalable, user-friendly technology, AIT's flexible business model customizes door-to-door deliveries via sea, air, ground and rail-on time and on budget. With expert teammates staffing more than 85 worldwide locations in Asia, Europe and North America, AIT's full-service options also include customs clearance, warehouse management and white glove services.
AIT Worldwide Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled. If you are unable to apply online due to a disability, contact Human Resources at 630-766-8300 ext 5318 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.