Head of Business Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
This role is remote-friendly for anyone based in the US.
Aisera offers the world's first AI-driven service experience solution that automates operations and support for IT, Sales and customer service, making businesses and customers successful by offering consumer-like self-service resolutions to users. Aisera fast tracks the digital transformation journey with user and service behavioral intelligence that drives end-to-end automation of tasks, actions, and business processes. Aisera is a top-tier, VC-funded startup headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. and a strategic partner with AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, ServiceNow and Salesforce.
Aisera has received numerous recognitions, including the following: Forbes AI50; CNBC Upstart 100 Top Startup; Gartner Cool Vendor; Red Herring Top 100 Global Innovator; CIO Innovation Startup Award; CIO Review Top ITSM Solution; Aragon Research Hot Vendor; TiE50 Startup Award; and Silicon Review 50 Most Admired Companies.
Aisera is looking for a visionary, results-driven Head of Business Development who is responsible for identifying new partnerships and alliances as well as opportunities to enhance distribution for Aisera offerings and open up new markets. The ideal candidate is a big picture strategic thinker and planner, has an established high-level network across social platforms, the ability to source high-value partners, resellers and value-added channels with the ability to close deals that drive maximum impact to the business. Previous experience at a service management and SaaS company is strongly preferred. This role is a unique opportunity to expand Aisera reach through BD partnerships post Series C raise and build a growth-minded BD team from the ground up.
What You'll Do:
* Identify, initiate, and develop new partnership ideas and business strategies
* Drive impactful partnerships focused on growth and expansion of Aisera target audience and subscribers
* Manage full partner life cycle from sourcing to pitch to negotiations to close to program execution
* Lead with data when measuring impact of executed partnerships and leverage learnings to drive future partnerships
* Build and lead a high-performing team that works cross-functionally to build new partnerships
* Collaborate closely with internal teams including product, marketing, engineering and sales to ensure full internal buy-in for partnerships
* Build a strong pipeline of potential revenue-driving partners and alliance
* Deliver on annual revenue targets as set by the business
* Pipeline development - Identify, & negotiate potential commercial opportunities with the partners in your pipeline through continued nurturing and relationship building.
* Negotiating and delivering pricing - Ensure you deliver our pricing as represented by the value that Aisera brings to come to a mutually beneficial agreement.
* Customer/market feedback - Identify and expand existing partner>product feedback loops to streamline information gathering and sharing.
* Present vision and performance to C-Suite executives
What You'll Need:
* 4-year college degree, or equivalent work experience
* 10-15 years of experience in business development in the service management space
* Familiarity with AI service management industry and marketplace
* Track record of new business revenue growth through BD partnerships in previous roles
* Ability to think and plan strategically for long term and scaled growth
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and collaborative environment
* Excellent presentation and storytelling skills to both partners and C-suite executives
* Professionalism in both soft and hard skills
* Motivation to grow, learn and share
* Positive and diligent attitude
* Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
* Transparency in key findings
* Ability to own projects with deliverables for cross-functional stakeholders
* Passion for data and developing insights