Class A Tanker Driver
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you a Class A driver looking for better compensation? Does late model equipment, 40 hours guaranteed, and 401k with 50% company match sound attractive to you? Is work-life balance and nights at home something you've been missing? If you answered yes to these questions, we may have just the role you are looking for!
Airgas is currently recruiting for a Class A Driver with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements to support our Specialty Products division in Hanford, CA.
What will I be doing?
As a Class A Driver operating our 53ft. Tanker Truck, you will responsible for delivering Aqua and Anhydrous Ammonia products to our customers within a 600 mile radius including Southern and Northern California, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Oregon and possibly other parts of the country as needed. Additionally, you will provide emergency response, routine maintenance, and minor repairs for ammonia systems.
Area of Coverage:
No specified routes, deliveries and service are solely contingent upon customer demand within 48 hours of dispatch. Based out of Hanford, CA and covering the surrounding areas within a 600 mile radius including Southern and Northern California, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Oregon and possibly other parts of the country as needed.
What's in it for me?
* Varying start times, Sunday - Thursday with alternating on call work weekends and holidays.
* 40 hours weekly guaranteed, with opportunity to possibly work up to 50 - 65 hours per week.
* Overnight layovers on rotation with other drivers depending on customer business needs. Hotel accommodations provided.
* Please note that overtime, on call and overnight layovers are subject to change depending on business needs.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, 2 weeks' vacation, 1 week paid sick days, Paid Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement, 401(k) with a 50% match.
* At least 25 years old.
* Class A CDL with at least 3 years' CMV experience - experience must be within the last 4 years and tanker/hazmat endorsements are required before hire date.
* No preventable accidents of any kind in the last 3 years.
* No more than 2 minor tickets in the last 3 years.
* No serious violation ticket (speeding 15 , reckless driving, etc.) in the last 3 years.
* No suspensions of CDL in the last 3 years except for 'Failure to pay child support'.
* No DUI in the last 7 years.
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
* Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
Who is Airgas Specialty Products?
Airgas Specialty Products is the premier North American supplier of ammonia for industrial applications. Major products include anhydrous ammonia and aqua ammonia. Airgas Specialty Products is also a leading supplier of other chemicals including methylamines (a derivative of ammonia) and hydrogen chloride.
With 27 distribution locations across the US, Airgas Specialty Products has unmatched coverage and expertise necessary to provide the best possible customer service while the maintaining the highest standards for safety and quality.
For immediate consideration please complete an application. If you have any questions about this position please contact Cheryl Austin, Driver Talent Acquisition Specialist @ 678-985-6735.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability