Instrument /electrical Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Description and Qualifications
Are you an I&E Technician looking for an opportunity where you can be challenged and grow in your position? We have an opportunity for you!
Air Products, manufacturer of industrial gases, is seeking a high energy, self-starter to fill a full time Instrument and Electrical Technician position with on call responsibilities. This hourly position primarily supports our HYCO Plants in Carson, Wilmington and Torrance, California.
You would be responsible to perform and/or supervise the inspection, repair, installation and modification of process controls, safety devices, analyzers, PLC's, field instrumentation and process monitoring equipment in the plants. You would also be responsible for fixing, repairing, and calibrating of plant instrumentations and controls.
This position requires some travel ~10% as needed to support other HYCO facilities as needed.
The Technicians' responsibilities include:
* Technicians must be familiar with all equipment in plants served. A sampling of these devices include transmitters, switches, analyzers, programmable controllers, proximity devices, level control systems, control valves, equipment and personnel safety systems, pay meter systems, and others. Within each category are a variety of pneumatic and electronic devices.
* Technicians are also in charge of solving problems and working with Instrument Engineering Support to maintain distributed control systems.
* Position is a most rapidly changing technical area and requires a high level of technical training.
* Prepare and provide technical reports and enter information into SAP to provide accurate documentation and information for equipment.
Qualifications / Requirements:
* High school diploma/equivalent
* Minimum five years of experience with calibration and troubleshooting of industrial plant instrumentation and controls
* Knowledge of PLC and DCS controls is a plus
* Supervisory skills/experience a plus
* Basic computer skills
* SAP knowledge is desired
* Individual should have ability to work:
* In an industrial environment that includes climbing ladders and stairs, lifting up to 50 lbs., working at heights and in confined spaces
* Extended hours on short notice
* In a team environment, with safety first as a primary focus
* Ability to communicate effectively across technical, operations and maintenance lines
This is a ladder position and advancement is possible based on experience and demonstrated competency.
Military Veterans: We are a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture values the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with specific focus in technical fields. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion is our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. To learn more, visit About Air Products.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid holidays and vacation, with affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans. You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment.
Air Products thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.