Sous Chef OEM
Employment Type: Full-Time
Works closely with the Executive Chef to plan and direct food preparation in kitchens. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
* Typically requires an Bachelor's degree and 2 to 4 years of experience in a high volume full service restaurant.
* Performs work under minimal supervision. Handles complex issues and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
* Possesses comprehensive knowledge of subject matter.
* Provides leadership coaching and/or mentoring to a subordinate group.
* Must be proficient in Windows Operating Systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
* Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
* Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
* Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
* Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
* Produces innovative and diversified menus that reflect the restaurant's overall vision.
* Trains the kitchen staff to adhere to restaurant policies and general sanitation regulations.
* Organizes schedules and directs the work of the kitchen staff ensuring that kitchen operations are carried out quickly and effectively.
* Designs aesthetic plating presentations.
* Ensures that hygiene and food safety requirements are met.
* Maintains kitchen inventory and assigned budget.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service oriented manner.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Comply with certification requirements as applicable for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
* Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
* Ensure that all kitchen personnel fulfill their job functions appropriately.
* Create menus and food presentation.
* Address and resolve all customer problems in an efficient and effective manner.
* Perform spot checks for menu accuracy and taste.
* Minimize spoilage waste and over production.
* Regularly review house counts forecasts and VIP lists.
* Monitor all Banquet and Catering activity.
* Maintain all kitchen inventories.
* Prepare annual reviews of employees
* Assist in the achievement of departmental objectives and goals
* Expedite peak meal periods by maintaining a 'hands on' approach.
* Works within monthly set food cost budget adjust food requisitions and controls waste
* Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
* Ensure that plating standards and use records are posted according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
* Review food sales for accuracy daily.
* Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
The Hyatt Centric Sacaramento features a beautiful historical exterior and is situated in the heart of the vibrant redevelopment of downtown Sacramento, directly adjacent to the brand new Golden 1 Arena.
The building represents an important part of downtown Sacramento's rich past and its promising future. It was first opened in 1911 as the Hotel Clayton and then by its more common name, the Marshall Hotel. Today, the Marshall Hotel is listed as a landmark on the city's register of historic and cultural resources. The Marshall Hotel was more than just a place to stay, it was an integral part of the downtown Jazz scene from the late 1920's to the early 1950's. The Clayton Club, located on the ground floor, featured legendary acts such as Louis Armstrong, Billie Holliday, and Cab Calloway.
Maintaining the building's historic integrity and cultural legacy, the new 172-room lifestyle boutique hotel's interior design will draw inspiration from the area's rich jazz history which will be reflected in the architecture and interior design concept throughout the common areas including lobby, restaurant, bar and lounge.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401k Retirement Plan