Employment Type: Full-Time
The General House Attendant will provide guests with an effortless and memorable experience that lets them know they are valued and cared for. This role will be responsible for cleaning and maintaining the hotel primarily the guest rooms as assigned as well as other areas of the hotel including public spaces back of the house areas and outside spaces of the hotel.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Exceptional communication skills and enjoy caring for others and working in a fast-paced environment.
* Positive friendly and upbeat with the ability to deliver service authentically and looking to make a career in hospitality
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail speed and accuracy
* Ability to move perform frequent and repetitive movements including bending and stooping
* Must be able to lift push and pull a moderate weight frequently
* Ability to scrub and scour surfaces extending arms over head to perform cleaning tasks and work in confined spaces.
* Ability to follow instructions directions and meet deadlines including the thorough cleaning of the minimum number of rooms assigned
* Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand information such as labels and instructions and basic guest requests
* Previous cleaning experience preferred
* Must have the ability to work a varied schedule that may include early morning evening night and weekend shifts
* Clean assigned guestrooms in accordance with company standards (changing bed linen cleaning bathrooms vacuuming dusting etc.)
* Replenish amenities and supplies in assigned guestrooms
* Stock and maintain Housekeeping cart
* Report maintenance issues to Supervisor immediately
* Greet guests in hallways and public areas in a pleasant and friendly manner and offering assistance
* Ensure special requests are noted and fulfilled
* Answer questions about the hotel the hotel-brand standards such as art travel and related topics as well as the unique characteristics of the hotel
* Answer questions about local area attractions and things to do
* Communicate with all departments regarding in house VIPs and any special requests/needs
* Provide information regarding property events outlets amenities and directions and ascertain which services could enhance the guests' stay
* As required deliver guest newspapers messages packages amenities or other items requested by guests or team members
* Store and retrieve luggage or packages for guests from the appropriate storage areas as needed.
* Maintain presence during peak traffic periods
* Interact with hotel associates in a professional manner assisting other departments with necessary information
* Manage and resolve all guest complaints and compliments in a professional and courteous manner
* Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive clear speaking voice
* Maintain an up to date working knowledge of all property amenities as well as any special events local area attractions and things to do around the hotel.
Courtyard Salinas Monterey surpasses other hotels in Salinas, CA with the expanded services and amenities guests expect from a Marriott stay. We are a short, scenic drive from beautiful Monterey and Carmel, as well as world-class golf destinations like Pebble Beach and Spanish Bay. Business travelers enjoy being near government agencies and agricultural companies such as Dole and Fresh Express/Chiquita. Leisure travelers are minutes from the National Steinbeck Center, Fisherman's Wharf and Monterey Bay Aquarium. Onsite comfort is our specialty at our Salinas lodging. Accommodations feature free WiFi, well-lit work areas and luxury bedding. Our Salinas, CA hotel near Marina State Beach proudly presents, The Bistro, our in-house restaurant featuring Starbucks specialty drinks.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401k Retirement Plan