Food Runner/Expo - Fine Dining - The 7th Street Standard
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Food Runner creates an excellent dining experience for members and guests by anticipating their needs and serving them in a professional and efficient manner. Provide food and beverage items in a friendly enthusiastic professional and timely manner.
* High School diploma or equivalent required unless currently enrolled.
* Minimum of one year previous experience as a server or server assistant in an upscale restaurant hotel/resort or private club environment preferred.
* Certification of previous training in liquor wine and food service including Alcohol Awareness Certification preferred.
* Must be able to work in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions.
* Must have professional appearance.
* Must be able to effectively multitask in an extremely fast paced environment.
* Must be able to comply with standards of responsible alcohol service.
* Must be physically able to safely lift and carry trays kegs and cases weighing up to 50lbs several times during the course of a shift.
* Must be physically able to climb lift reach bend and stoop.
* Must be able to work in a standing position and walk for long periods of time.
* Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with guest co-workers and management.
* Candidates in this role will be able to read write speak and understand English and meet the minimum age requirement of jurisdiction.
* Assist the servers with presenting menus answering questions and making suggestions regarding food and beverage service.
* Prepare baskets with required condiments and sides prior to serving.
* Confirm that all orders from the kitchen are accurate have all required condiments and are presentable then serve to the member/guest.
* Always address the member/guest by name.
* Anticipate the members/guests needs.
* Observe member/guest to respond to any additional requests and to determine when service has been completed.
* Responsible for monitoring supplies maintaining stock and keeping the kitchen/café areas in a clean and orderly fashion at all times.
* Responsible for assisting the servers in keeping sections and service areas in a clean and orderly fashion.
* Responsible for collecting/maintaining baskets throughout the course of the shift.
* Maintain a 'full hands out full hands in' perspective.
* Monitor kitchen times and relay times to servers/management.
* Maintain complete knowledge of menu alcoholic beverages specials and 86'd items.
* Complete daily/weekly checklists of duties and monitor supplies.
* Performs other related duties as assigned by manager.
* Other duties may be assigned as business demands.
The Hyatt Centric Sacaramento features a beautiful historical exterior and is situated in the heart of the vibrant redevelopment of downtown Sacramento, directly adjacent to the brand new Golden 1 Arena.
The building represents an important part of downtown Sacramento's rich past and its promising future. It was first opened in 1911 as the Hotel Clayton and then by its more common name, the Marshall Hotel. Today, the Marshall Hotel is listed as a landmark on the city's register of historic and cultural resources. The Marshall Hotel was more than just a place to stay, it was an integral part of the downtown Jazz scene from the late 1920's to the early 1950's. The Clayton Club, located on the ground floor, featured legendary acts such as Louis Armstrong, Billie Holliday, and Cab Calloway.
Maintaining the building's historic integrity and cultural legacy, the new 172-room lifestyle boutique hotel's interior design will draw inspiration from the area's rich jazz history which will be reflected in the architecture and interior design concept throughout the common areas including lobby, restaurant, bar and lounge.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
* Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401k Retirement Plan