ADMIN DIR, DIAGN & THERAPEUTIC - AHMC Seton Medical Center
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Administrative Director is responsible for the operation of Imaging and Therapeutic, Rehabilitation, Non-Invasive Diagnostic and Respiratory Services at AHMC Seton Medical Center and Seton Coastside. Responsible for guiding staff members in effective performance of their job duties. Ensures continual effective operations and is responsible for the compliance of State and Federal regulations. Maintains and improves the quality services for the community. Oversees the planning, prioritization, and implementation of action plans to achieve annual goals, targets, and improvement metrics.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
* Oversees Imaging and Therapeutic Services to include: Diagnostic Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, Imaging, Radiation Oncology, and Interventional / Vascular Laboratory.
* Oversees Physical, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Language Pathology Services.
* Oversees Non-Invasive Diagnostic services to include: Echocardiography Lab, Noninvasive Vascular Lab, Electrocardiography, and Neurology Services.
* Oversees Respiratory and Pulmonary Function Services.
* Assumes responsibility for the departments/services continuous, effective operation and for the improvement of performance
* Manages daily department services.
* Integrates the department/services into the organizations primary functions.
* Integrates and coordinates services with those of other department services to continuously improve the Medical Center's overall performance.
* Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
* Conducts data analysis, cost projections, and profitability analysis for departments and surgical services to optimize revenue and expenses
* Conducts literature reviews to ensure that clinical and operational practices are evidence based
* Provides service line management including contract reviews and makes concrete recommendations to achieve service line goals.
* Continuously assesses and improves the performance of care and services.
* Anticipates future trends and continuously uses broad knowledge and perspective to create competitive strategies and plans.
* Ensures the delivery of safe, competent, cost effective, quality patient care by planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating service activities within the framework of the Seton Operating System.
* Identifies business strategies and opportunities to improve the value of services provided, improving outcomes, safety, service, and cost.
* Develops operational systems that are capable of achieving growth targets.
* Demonstrates effective business writing skills to produce well-thought out proposals, white papers, and programmatic analysis
* Ensures a safe, efficient, and effective working environment through the on-going development, implementation, maintenance, review, and analysis of work in order to meet targets/goals and the needs of patients, physicians, and staff.
* Demonstrates competency as a clinical manager by planning, organizing and managing the personnel and resources in order to provide the highest quality of care with trained, professional and competent staff in the most cost-effective and productive manner.
* Gathers, analyzes, evaluates and prepares information needs and trends regarding staffing, procedures, equipment, staff education and training toward the service excellence.
* Recommends space and other resources; manages the maintenance programs for all equipment.
* Plans for new technologies and replacement of existing equipment.
* Monitors operational costs and negotiates maintenance contracts.
* Ensures equipment meets State and Federal requirements.
* Ensures equipment is safe for patient use.
* Using the clinical effectiveness model, leads improvement efforts that improves clinical outcomes, patient safety, patient satisfaction and appropriate resource utilization.
* Maintains and administers the Seton Operation System for continuous monitoring and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
* Integrates the measurement of clinical quality and service standards with those of strategic planning and operational standards.
* Promotes a culture of safety, continually evaluating the delivery of care and services that result in eliminating harm.
* Analyzes statistics and takes appropriate action as necessary, including flexing staff to meet labor standards.
* Implements cost containment measures when applicable.
* Implements revenue enhancement ideas.
* Demonstrates effective time and fiscal management of multiple tasks and competing priorities.
* Monitors compliance with all applicable external agency regulations and the Corporate Compliance program.
* Ensures compliance of all personnel to safety standards, Hazardous Materials Management program, Risk management/prevention and Infection prevention.
Human Resource Management
* Demonstrates sound personnel management and leadership principles including coaching, teaching, inspiring, forging alliances and collaborating to negotiate resolution of issues.
* Promotes employee growth and development through effective leadership, communication, and use of resources.
* Uses effective interviewing skills to hire qualified, proficient, and compassionate staff.
* Demonstrates awareness of and ability to apply knowledge of current developments in healthcare.
* Participates in and encourages staffs participation in professional organizations.
* Is aware of and understands and values of the diverse local environment. Is sensitive to the impact of varying belief systems on patient care and organizational effectiveness.
* Ensures that staff are annually assessed for competency and performance that are compliant with the organizational values and job description requirements.
* Performs active daily management to ensure that operations are efficient and achieve a state of continual regulatory readiness.
* Set and holds standards for performance, patient care delivery, and department operations.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient and hospital related communications, documents, and records.
* Maintains clinical and management skills and expands knowledge base.
* Performs required duties in accordance with prescribed hospital policies and procedures.
* Maintains a positive attendance record and is prompt in reporting to work.
* Assesses personal learning needs and utilizes available resources in self‑development to address learning opportunities.
* Demonstrates active listening skills and treats all contacts with dignity and respect.
* Accomplishes objectives within prescribed time frames by prioritizing and organizing workload.
* Ability to work under stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
* Master's degree in affiliated area of responsibility
* Five years clinical experience.
* Five - Ten years supervisory experience.
* CA license in good standing in the area of specialty, as required.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGE:
* Effective written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate with various individuals both inside and outside the organization; and able to understand and create reports/presentations/proposals.
* Proficient with computer systems including but not limited to MS Office.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant in order to be considered.
* Required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear; and may taste and smell. The employee is regularly required to lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 10 pounds, with assistance. Visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.
AHMC- Seton Medical Center has a long tradition of providing patient-centered, quality care and a commitment to clinical excellence and our community. Founded in 1893, the 357-bed medical center now serves 1.5 million residents of San Francisco and northern San Mateo County with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical specialties, as well as emergency and urgent care services. Its sister facility, Seton Coastside, is a 116-bed skilled nursing complex offering inpatient care and the only 24-hour standby Emergency Department on the Pacific Coast between Daly City and Santa Cruz. We pride ourselves on improving the health and well-being of our patients, community, and populations, we serve with high quality community partnerships, and continuous innovation to our health care delivery system and this is why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to deliver the safest and highest quality patient-centered care