Application Systems Administrator
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Application Systems Administrator provides in-depth technical support to employees and patients for all business systems applications as well as including frontline support for desktop systems, network infrastructure, facilities and other IT services. Duties include installation, configuration, troubleshooting, administration and other activities relating to all IT systems and services i.e. LIS, laboratory instrument applications, Microsoft Azure, Office 365, SharePoint Online, Intune, Exchange Online, Amazon Web Services, Zen Desk, etc. Security and participation in IT projects related to all areas of IT and facilities will be assigned to maximize efficiency, support daily operations and growth of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Service Desk and desk-side support:
Deliver excellent technical and non-technical support with outstanding customer service and end user satisfaction in a timely manner.
* Troubleshoot and resolve system, application and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
* Accountable for service restoration for every owned incident.
* Resolve daily issues of a complex scope that impact the team and overall business objectives.
* Receives, researches and resolved customer questions and problems within the EMR, Billing related to troubleshooting Microsoft Office 365/ SharePoint systems and possible SQL Programming.
* Prioritize and manage several open support tickets at one time.
* Work closely with other vendors or management to communicate and escalate issues/tickets as necessary.
* Accountable for meeting timely resolutions and communication to end users of status of tickets/issues
Application Support include:
* Provide Level 2 Application Support through escalated incident tickets from the Service Desk.
* Manage and monitor applications to ensure all components are functioning at appropriate levels.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365
* Must be proficient in Microsoft SharePoint Online
* Provide support, training and assistance for all computer-related software systems to maximize efficiency and productivity of employees and business operations.
* Provide support for the laboratory operations team as backup for the LIS or new laboratory system.
* Provide Level 2 Technical Support through escalated incident tickets from the Service Desk
* Provide end-user support including software installation, PC troubleshooting, hardware diagnoses, configuration and training.
* Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
* Monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks for the enterprise and analyze performance indicators.
* Maintain records of daily data communication transactions within the ticketing system.
Additional Responsibilities Varied:
* Accountable for properly following all IT standards, processes and methodologies as applicable including but not limited to Quality Assurance (QA), Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) and Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC).
* Accountable for following security practices in relations to patient data and HIPPA.
* Other responsibilities and account abilities may be assigned based on business and organization needs.
The above listing represents the general duties considered essential functions of the job and is not to be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* BS degree in Computer Science or related preferred
* 8+ years in Application/Technical Support role
* Experience supporting web-based, database driven applications preferably in lab environment
Skills and Qualifications Requirements:
* Expert technical knowledge in remote assistance in Windows operating systems, Apple iOS devices, Android devices and Apple Macs.
* Expert technical knowledge in Microsoft suite of products including OS 7/10, Office365, Exchange Online, SharePoint, OneDrive, Azure, Intune, Server 2008/2012, Active Directory and Group Policies.
* SalesfTriage, prioritize, and resolve or escalate inbound support tickets to ensure reliable uptime and support SLAs.
* Understanding of TCP/IP networks and Ethernet technology as it applies to end user and back office connections. Ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues for both wired and wireless network connections. Experience supporting remote connections, VPN, firewalls, and routers.
* The ability to follow written guidelines and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures is critical, as is the ability to clearly document actions taken. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
* Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers.
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
* Able to accurately document systems changes and tasks. Ability to create analysis documents, instruction sheets, and systems documentation for completed systems.
* Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
* This position requires no supervisory responsibilities.
* May require local travel
* General office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
* Adheres to Department Specific Safety Guidelines.
* Establishes ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements
* Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, manual manipulation, and light lifting up to 15 pounds.