Operational Technology Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
* This position will configure, install, operate, and maintain the most critical systems the Company manages, ensuring reliable operation of the power grid.
* Be the Subject Matter Expert in a limited number of OT applications and have a knowledge across range of skill sets.
* These systems operate 24x7 and are used by Market operations, engineering, planning, reporting and dispatch staff.
* Help users apply technology to improve business practices to protect large assets and improve customer service.
* Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
* Interacts with co-workers, vendors, the general public and representatives of other organizations to obtain and disseminate information, advise on projects, resolve conflicts, set priorities, coordinate activities, complete projects within time and budget constraints, and provide assistance.
* Create diagrams and documentation for as-is and to-be OT configurations.
* Helps evaluate new products and services from vendors to determine applicability to hardware, software, networks and other systems.
* Participates as moderate-level technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software.
* Has knowledge of federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, policies and procedures to ensure compliance and client agencies to ensure systems are compliant with all regulatory parameters.
* Assists in developing the company's technology road map and has input into the department's budget.
* As a member of the OT support team represent the organization during on-call rotation.
* Other duties as assigned.
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.