Senior Construction Manager - Water/Wastewater
Employment Type: Full-Time
United States of America - California, Los Angeles
AECOM is actively seeking a Senior Construction Manager with Water/Wastewater Treatment Plant experience for employment in Southern California - San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, and Inland Empire areas.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
* Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
* #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 'Top 500 Design Firms' and #1 2019 'Top 200 Environmental Firms'
* VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
* Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
Our Construction Manager/Resident Engineer careers allow you to utilize your leadership skills on Water and Wastewater Treatment and Conveyance projects. Job requirements include:
* Lead on-site delivery of construction management (CM) services and manage a staff of CM professionals including Assistant RE/CMs, Office Engineers, Inspectors, and other CM professionals, as necessary.
* Support construction safety implementation through understanding of safety requirements. Develop a safety culture within the project CM Team. Confirm construction contractor safety programs are submitted, approved, and followed by all parties involved in the project.
* Implement schedule, cost, quality, communication, decision-making, and information tools and processes across the project.
* Support program and project controls activities through schedule control, cost control, change management, risk management, and reporting tools.
* Lead project meetings with contractor and stakeholders.
* Actively manage and report on the status of the construction schedule and budget. Monitor the contract progress and make recommendation to client for contractor payments.
* Work to build a cooperative partnership between client, contractors, and all stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of project issues and the overall success of the project.
* Demonstrate effective risk management and mitigation practices through proper risk identification, assessment, tracking, and communication.
* Responsible for the enforcement of contract documents including plans and specifications.
* Understanding and/or development of start-up and commissioning plans and identify associated resources as necessary.
* Maintain electronic document control systems and project files/documentation.
* Bachelors or 4-Year Degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree
* Ten (10) years of progressively challenging experience on major construction projects performing Construction Management
* Construction management experience working on water and/or wastewater treatment facilities, pump stations, storage facilities, and conveyance pipelines.
* Construction Management experience on projects valued at $50M and greater.
* Must have demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers to prepare reports using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Proven excellent working knowledge of construction scheduling including experience with P6.
* Experience in Project Management Information System (PMIS) and Construction Management Information System (CMIS) software applications and processes.
* Familiarity and/or experience in Alternative Delivery, including CMAR or Design-Build delivery models.
* Demonstrated highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Proven as excellent leader with exceptional interpersonal skills.
* Experience working in/for municipal agencies or utility infrastructure organizations.
* Ability to respond proactively in a high-paced environment and willingness to adjust and respond effectively to changes.
* PE or CCM preferred.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to 'make amazing happen' in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Construction Management
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 245663BR
Additional Locations US - Orange, CA - 999 Town & Country Rd, US - San Diego, CA - 2417 McCain Road
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.