Respiratory Care Practitioner, Respiratory Therapy, Per Diem, Variable Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (PD) who:
Performs basic and critical respiratory care services. Has the ability to work well without supervision as well as maintain supervision over others, as delegated. Provides respiratory care services for the adult and geriatric patient. Provides respiratory care for patients with respiratory disease, as ordered by the physician and in accordance with current department policies concerning all phases of respiratory therapy. Completes paperwork, electronic medical records, flow sheets, and charges for each patient.
* Assesses and documents the appropriateness of prescribed therapy (including recommendations) for patients receiving respiratory care services. Administers aerosol and oxygen therapy, while maintaining charts. Draws arterial blood gases per policy and physician order. Provides care to ventilator patients. Assists in department record keeping and operation, as well as participation in training and supervision of new employees. Documents care given; maintains records of treatment given; generates necessary documents for charges or record keeping. Assists in the instruction of nursing personnel in surveillance of patient and equipment after initial installation.
* Performs pulmonary function tests, drainage procedures, and provides additional patient care regarding cardio respiratory disease. Provides suggestions regarding the patients' treatment and pulmonary progress. Provides assistance in cardio respiratory rehabilitation. Provides instruction to patients and family in the nature of cardio respiratory disease and its ramifications.
* Makes rounds to check all respiratory therapy equipment in use or on standby in patient areas. Ensures completion of the initial ventilator bundle orders upon initiation of mechanical ventilation. Ensures compliance of VAP bundle for all patients receiving mechanical ventilation. Identifies measureable and reasonable outcomes while using appropriate therapy interventions to resolve patient needs. Updates and communicates the diagnosis throughout the patient's stay based on patient's changing condition and disease status. Assists with maintenance and processing of equipment and products used in providing respiratory therapy services. Keeps equipment clean and ready for its next use. Assists physicians with bronchoscopies and special procedures.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor's): Preferred
* Master's Degree: Preferred
* Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification: Preferred
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification: Preferred
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification: Preferred
* Pediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) certification: Preferred
* Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) credential: Required
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.