Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner - RRT - Per Diem, Days
Employment Type: Full-Time
Adventist Health White Memorial is a unique faith-based teaching hospital serving East Los Angeles and the surrounding area. The non-profit, 353-bed hospital is committed to improving the health of the community by providing high quality and comprehensive care with inpatient and outpatient services.
White Memorial has served the community for over 100 years, and today is regionally recognized for state-of-the-art technology and specialty care services provided by some of the best physicians in Los Angeles whose credentials include pioneering research, ivy-league education and a commitment to compassionate and culturally-competent care.
In 2019 Adventist Health White Memorial won the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner who:
Performs basic and critical respiratory care services. Has the ability to work well without supervision as well as maintain supervision over others, as delegated. Provides respiratory care services for the adult and geriatric patient. Provides respiratory care for patients with respiratory disease, as ordered by the physician and in accordance with current department policies concerning all phases of respiratory therapy. Completes paperwork, electronic medical records, flow sheets, and charges for each patient.
* Assesses and documents the appropriateness of prescribed therapy (including recommendations) for patients receiving respiratory care services. Administers aerosol and oxygen therapy, while maintaining charts. Draws arterial blood gases per policy and physician order. Provides care to ventilator patients. Assists in department record keeping and operation, as well as participation in training and supervision of new employees. Documents care given; maintains records of treatment given; generates necessary documents for charges or record keeping. Assists in the instruction of nursing personnel in surveillance of patient and equipment after initial installation.
* Performs pulmonary function tests, drainage procedures, and provides additional patient care regarding cardio respiratory disease. Provides suggestions regarding the patients' treatment and pulmonary progress. Provides assistance in cardio respiratory rehabilitation. Provides instruction to patients and family in the nature of cardio respiratory disease and its ramifications.
* Makes rounds to check all respiratory therapy equipment in use or on standby in patient areas. Ensures completion of the initial ventilator bundle orders upon initiation of mechanical ventilation. Ensures compliance of VAP bundle for all patients receiving mechanical ventilation. Identifies measureable and reasonable outcomes while using appropriate therapy interventions to resolve patient needs. Updates and communicates the diagnosis throughout the patient's stay based on patient's changing condition and disease status.
* Assists with maintenance and processing of equipment and products used in providing respiratory therapy services.
* Serves as a knowledge resource to the physician and hospital staff in relation to the technical aspects of respiratory care and the effectiveness of methods to administer safe respiratory therapy. Assists in stocking and re-ordering parts and equipment. Assists in the set up of specialty equipment. Keeps the equipment clean and ready for its next use. Assists physicians with bronchoscopies and special procedures. Assists with quality control, staff schedules and competencies.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more.
Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor's): Preferred
* Master's Degree: Preferred
* Three years technical experience: Preferred
* Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification: Preferred
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification: Required
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification: Preferred
* ; Required in ED, NICU and PedsPediatric Emergency Assessment, Recognition and Stabilization (PEARS) certification: Preferred
* Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential: Required