Recreation Therapist, PRN
Employment Type: Full-Time
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Recreation Therapist who:
Plans, directs, and coordinates recreation-based treatment programs for people with disabilities, injuries, or illnesses. Provides treatment services and recreational therapy services using a variety techniques, including arts and crafts, animals, sports, games, dance and movement, drama, music and community outings.
* Assesses patients using information from observations, medical records, standardized assessments, the medical staff, the clients' families, and the clients themselves. Develops and implements therapeutic interventions consistent with the clients' needs and interests. Helps patients integrate into the community by teaching them how to use community resources and recreational activities.
* Performs patient care in accordance with identified needs and established policies, procedures and protocols. Plans treatment programs. Evaluates patient's response to interventions. Modifies treatment plan appropriately.
* Works in conjunction or collaboration with physicians, nurses, psychologists, social workers, and physical and occupational therapists.
* Documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor's): Required
* Master's Degree: Preferred
* Recreation therapy experience: Preferred
* National Council for Therapeutic Recreation (NCTRC) certification: Preferred
* Valid Driver's license (DL): Required
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.