Monitor Technician, EKG, Per Diem
Employment Type: Full-Time
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Monitor Technician who:
Performs a variety of duties connected with cardiac rhythms displayed monitor screens. Reads, interprets, and relays pertinent information regarding the cardiac monitors to the appropriate personnel. Provides clerical support.
* Monitors electrocardiogram continuously, identifies and interprets cardiac rhythms, documents arrhythmia and reports significant changes to nursing staff.
* Supports the unit monitoring and evaluation process to improve patient outcome. Provides frontline electronic medical record order entry support for physicians and staff.
* Monitors electronic medical records throughout the day and addresses concerns with the registered nurse as necessary.
* Assists with admission and discharge process. Documents physician progress notes are ready in chart.
* Maintains Central Electrocardiogram (EKG) Telemetry Monitoring system for Direct Observation Unit.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
* Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
* Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR): Required