Medical Assistant Full Time - Temporary - Adventist Health Ukiah Valley
Employment Type: Full-Time
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Located in a town filled with charm and rich in character, Adventist Health Ukiah Valley is an acute care hospital and 21 clinics serving communities from the Mendocino coast to Lake County. In addition to standard acute services, Adventist Health Ukiah Valley has a level IV trauma center, maternity and level II intensive care nursery services, an extensive physical rehabilitation program, outpatient surgery and diagnostic center and an advanced wound care center. Its network of clinics include primary care and specialty care, from internal medicine, gastroenterology and urology to otolaryngology.
Ukiah is situated just two hours north of San Francisco and 45 minutes from the Pacific Coast, Ukiah is also filled with terrific scenery, outdoor activities, and a beautifully restored historic downtown, where freedom of expression is a tradition and a way of life.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Medical Assistant (Outpatient) who:
Performs non-invasive, routine, technical support services under the specific authorization and supervision of a licensed physician, podiatrist, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or nurse midwife.
* Sets up exam rooms and checks in patients. Maintains a patient recall system, including continuity of care log for lab tests, referrals and transfers.
* Obtains vital signs. Reports significant findings and pertinent patient observations to clinic physician. Performs venipunctures as ordered.
* Performs audiometry and vision testing.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
* Successful completion of audiometry and vision training or have a certificate from CHDP within six months of hire: Preferred
* Phlebotomy certificate: Preferred
* Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or equivalent combination of licensure and experience: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA and HI) or the option of COVID-19 vaccine or weekly testing (required in OR), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.