Employment Type: Full-Time
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a LVN who:
Performs procedures which require specialized training for general nursing care and related services for assigned patients, under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Medical Doctor (MD), in accordance with established policy. Participates in the planning for and provision of patient care. Uses knowledge of asepsis in performance of treatments, such as sterile dressings, irritations and cauterizations. Provides functional direction to ancillary personnel.
* Provides care for assigned patients, under the supervision of an Registered Nurse (RN) according to established standard and nursing process.
* Performs admission assessments, and ongoing re-assessments based on departmental specific policy and procedures. Assists in the development of a prioritized interdisciplinary plan of care on each patient.
* Implements and coordinates plan of care utilizing appropriate organizational skills and reporting mechanisms. Implements individual teaching plans, including Patient Teaching Protocols and discharge Plans, based on mutual goal setting and with emphasis onPerforms assigned clinical procedures (i.e. phlebotomy, injections, drug screens, etc.) Administers medications.
* Orders/restocks supplies as assigned, according to established par levels. Maintains neatness/cleanliness in assigned areas, i.e., Pre-op, PACU, soiled corridor, utility rooms, lounges, locker rooms and restrooms. Performs daily, weekly, and monthly cleanPerforms other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
* Arrhythmia certification: Preferred
* Current Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) license: Required
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.