Imaging Assistant - Quest Imaging, Days, Per Diem
Employment Type: Full-Time
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as an Imaging Assistant (Outpatient) who:
Supports technologists with ongoing patient care, including assisting, transporting, moving and supervising patients in the outpatient radiology department. Helps manage the outpatient imaging department's patient flow.
* Safely transports and assists patients between other departments and waiting areas. Provides direct patient care as directed by technologists or radiologists, in conjunction with all imaging procedures.
* Reviews physician orders, researches lab values and provides patient education as directed by technologists.
* Helps manage the outpatient imaging department's patient flow.
* Processes paperwork, prints and logs camera records for nuclear medicine and assembles films in preparation for reading. Assists the outpatient imaging clerical staff as needed. Adheres to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and otCleans and disinfects equipment and exam rooms while following infection control guidelines. Keeps stretchers and wheelchairs clean and blanket warmers and linens stocked.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
* Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.