HIM Technician, Full Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a HIM Technician who:
Prepares medical records for scanning efficiency according to established procedures, guidelines, and productivity standards. Retrieves and files old paper records required for patient care, assists with release of information services. Interviews mothers for birth certificate information and enters the information into electronic birth certificate system. Reviews unpended transcription queues and releases to PowerChart.
* Retrieves and reconciles all medical records from all nursing units and prepares the medical records for efficient scanning. Follows procedures for scanning documents, removes difficult to scan documents, checks patient record for poor quality, and notifies nursing unit of missing records.
* Interviews mothers for birth certificate information and enters information into electronic birth certificate system. Sends completed birth certificates to county and processes fetal death certificates, responds to customer inquires regarding certificates and updates supervisor on information.
* Ensures scanning equipment is in optimal working condition. Scans documents, reviews images and verifies quality. Completes scanning process and forwards to Quality Review.
* Files paper records and pulls charts for patient care assuring that they are tracked properly in chart tracking software. Retrieves charts from permanent files and off site storage, keeps file room neat, and assists in purging of records by storage vendor.
* Assists physicians with inquires regarding chart deficiencies in accordance with pertinent rules. Conducts chart audits, assists in deficiency analysis, resolves issues related to dictation, responds to inquires for assistance by users of the document imaging software and transcripts.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
* Associate's / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.