Certified Nursing Assistant , Med-Surg, Days, Full Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health Bakersfield Medical Center is a 254-bed acute-care hospital serving Kern County communities with key service areas including brain and spine, heart, cancer care, orthopedics, emergency services, three Quest Imaging locations and the Adventist Health Physicians Network. The hospital is staffed by more than 645 affiliated physicians, 1,832 associates and more than 250 volunteers.
Adventist Health Bakersfield Medical Center has deep roots in Kern County - serving the community for more than 100 years!
Adventist Health Bakersfield has also been recognized as the only Top Hospital in Kern County, by the Leapfrog group. While this is a great recognition, what it really shows is our unwavering commitment to give our very best for our community as we carry out our mission of 'Living God's love by inspiring health, wholeness and hope.' As one of six hospitals in California and one of 35 in the nation with this 'Top General Hospital' status for patient safety and quality care, we appreciate being our community's hospital of choice.'
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Certified Nursing Assistant who:
* Provides personal nursing care to the patient under the direction of a licensed registered nurse (RN). Performs tasks associated with activities of daily living including self-care needs. Performs routine assigned tasks and reports patients' status and concerns to the Registered Nurse (RN).
* Performs tasks associated with activities of daily living, including assisting with nutrition and hydration, elimination, personal care, positioning devices, restraints and restorative care.
* Takes vital signs including, pulse and blood pressure.
* Helps patients with their basic needs, i.e., bathing, dressing and feeding.
* Performs a variety clerical duties, which include but are not limited to routing patient reports as appropriate.
* Uses organizational skills to keep unit running smoothly and uses prioritization skills to meet deadlines as indicated. Provides assessment data.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* High School Diploma or equivalent: Preferred
* Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification: Required
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
* Phlebotomy certificate: Preferred
* in California and HawaiiRefer to the Required Licenses and Certifications list for additional job and/or unit specific requirements.
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA and HI) or the option of COVID-19 vaccine or weekly testing (required in OR), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.