Certified Medical Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Certified Medical Assistant (Outpatient) who:
Performs non-invasive, routine, technical support services under the specific authorization and supervision of a licensed physician, podiatrist, physician assistant, nurse practitioner or nurse midwife.
* Sets up exam rooms and checks in patients. Maintains a patient recall system, including continuity of care log for lab tests, referrals and transfers.
* Obtains vital signs, and reports significant findings and pertinent patient observations to clinic physician.
* Performs audiometry and vision testing.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
* High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
* American Association of Medical Assistants (CMA), American Medical Certification Association (CMAC), American Medical Technologist (RMA), California Certifying Board of Medical Assistant (CCMA), Multiskilled Medical Certification Institute (National Certifying Board of Medical Assistants or NCMA) partnered with Nation center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or equivalent combination of licensure and experience: Required
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider certification: Required
* Successful completion of audiometry and vision training or have a certificate from CHDP: Preferred
* Phlebotomy certificate: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA and HI) or the option of COVID-19 vaccine or weekly testing (required in OR), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.