Employment Type: Full-Time
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
SS&C Advent , a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a talented Consultant to support SS&C Advent's Geneva enterprise portfolio accounting application. Blend financial industry knowledge with technology skills while implementing and upgrading Geneva. Gain exposure from multiple client environments. Upgrades provide unique opportunity to learn new latest and greatest features
bundled with Geneva releases.
* Oversee and implement Geneva upgrades and patch releases
* Conduct client site implementations of Geneva, including software installation, setup and hands-on functional and technical training.
* Analyze customer's business and technical requirements.
* Configure and automate products to optimize client workflows.
* Frequent travel to clients. Travel is estimated at 60% of time.
* Manage time to maximize agenda and delivery of critical components.
* Execute on planned implementation tasks to maximize client satisfaction.
* Communicate project status to client and Advent project managers.
* Specify and/or develop and test custom reports.
* Build conversion and system integration mapping tools.
* Assist clients in the reconciliation process using Geneva.
* 3+ years client experience in the financial services industry is required.
* Solid working knowledge of asset management and client back office workflow and operations are required.
* Familiarity with general ledger is highly preferred.
* Working knowledge of Advent's Geneva or expertise with similar applications, is highly preferred.
* Strong troubleshooting and reasoning skills
Highly preferred individual characteristics:
* Unix experience and basic maintenance of Geneva
* Understanding and editing Geneva RSL is a big plus
* SQL experience and ability to develop integration solutions is helpful.
* Ability to effectively and efficiently manage time to maximize productivity.
* Ability to learn quickly and independently by gathering information from a variety of sources to acquire the knowledge needed to compete assigned tasks.
* Strong communication skills. The ability to present information to both technical and nontechnical individuals.
* Ability to gain credibility quickly while on-site is essential.
* Ability to be self-directed and work independently.
* Demonstrated technical aptitude.
* Bachelor's degree is highly preferred.
* Ability to travel up to 50% of time.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.