Engineering Manager, Photoshop Web
Employment Type: Full-Time
Changing the world through digital experiences is what Adobe's all about. We give everyone-from emerging artists to global brands-everything they need to design and deliver exceptional digital experiences! We're passionate about empowering people to create beautiful and powerful images, videos, and apps, and transform how companies interact with customers across every screen.
We're on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
Are you interested in the chance to work on professional creative software product that touches millions of customers across the world? If so, the Photoshop team is looking for a passionate Web engineering manager to join us in shaping the future of Photoshop on the Web. You will be working within a fast-paced, agile environment, partnering closely with fellow developers, quality engineers, designers, and product managers. Your role as a leader will play a key part in helping re-shape Photoshop as we leverage the speed and flexibility of the Web. We are looking for someone who holds high standards and is technical, driven, and creative, and who with their leadership, clear communication skills, resourcefulness and collaborative approach can work effectively across the team to improve and extend the cross-platform Photoshop library.
What you'll Do
* Manage a team of highly skilled Web developers and QE to develop, deliver and innovate with Photoshop Web
* Use the strength the Web has to offer to build a team, technology and set of processes to support a fast, agile, and learning-based development approach and related feedback loops
* Improve the quality of the Photoshop Web by championing architectural investments, embracing and extending modern development practices and using the latest tooling to ensure quality and performance in all phases of development
* Drive customer satisfaction, usability and performance improvements through profiling, instrumentation, and the use of data
* Partner closely with core technology providers and other Web teams to modernize, improve, and share technology and engineering practices
* Promote and maximize the reach and impact of Photoshop Web across the Photoshop ecosystem, and Adobe
* Cultivate a diverse and creative environment that helps challenge and strengthen your team and those around you
* Anticipate issues, suggest solutions, and partner with fellow managers to provide your team the best opportunities for success
* Dedicate your work and time to building a strong and culture, a healthy, scalable codebase & infrastructure, and the best Photoshop experience possible
You are someone who...
* Can inspire and lead with empathy and humility
* Is a team-player who can build bridges with many different individuals, teams and organizations in order to effect change
* Has a strong appreciation for quality and craftsmanship, and building systems and organizations that are well-designed and highly performant
* Possesses excellent communication skills combined with an ability to listen
What you need to succeed
* A bachelor's degree (or masters) in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+years experience of Web development
* 5+ years of engineering management
* Some experience with modern C/C++ and familiarity with asynchronous programming desired
* Solid understanding of Photoshop and working with large products and codebases
* Graphics and/or image-processing experience a plus