3D Generative Designer - YEEZY
Employment Type: Full-Time
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The generative design process presents a new way of thinking and a new approach on design. The work created will function to shape KW Creative Vision into product expression in partnership with adidas/Yeezy product creation team for Yeezy FTW. Work with team to create industry leading advanced design solutions that provide future design direction to the look/feel of Yeezy FTW. Innovate and develop the future designs with the COLLECTION Design team in partnership with Product Creation Team.
* With an eye aesthetic, use algorithmic and parametric methods to design things that couldn't otherwise be created.
* Be at the global forefront of 3D design innovations as well as their application.
* Use 3D to visualize ideas for KW creative vision with clarity.
* Verbally present product ideas and details with clarity.
* Engage with Creative Teams across the adidas/YEEZY organization to facilitate in innovative and complex technologies, methods, and tools to support projects.
Partner with Footwear Design team to:
* Contribute to creation of footwear through 3D; generative design, sculpting and material/color/graphic application, as well as visualization and rendering.
* Implement the creative vision in a product range for the category.
* Work with the creative process and execute towards given targets and defined design languages and strategies.
* Execute design work according to the visual language of adidas/YEEZY as well as given Corporate Identity guidelines according to legal guidance.
* Ensure efficient process and communication flow between design, marketing and development for all issues regarding the realization of products.
* Assist in communication of concepts into development. Communicate all relevant information needed for the development process through 3D tech-packs.
* Yeezy Design team
* Yeezy Product Creation Team
* Yeezy Sample Room Team
* Adidas 3D Creation Team
* Creative External partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong knowledge of 3D creative technologies
* Passion for tinkering, experimenting and trying out new technologies, hardware, software and materials in the 3D space
* Expert in 1 or more generative 3D programs ( I.E Grasshoper for Rhino, Houdini, Scriptographer, or comparable programs)
* Advanced knowledge of Modo (or comparable program)
* Advanced knowledge of 3D material rendering/lighting setup, color and shading
* Strong ability in 3D digital sculping program (I.E. Z-Brush or comparable program)
* Ability to work through complex and ambiguous projects while maintaining positivity, productivity and speed
* Problem solving attitude & can-do personality. Proven ability to find avenues to success in the face of challenges
* Strong communication skills
* High level of creativity
* High level of initiative & maturity
* Fluent in English (spoken and written)
* Knowledge in 3D animation, Rigging, or scripting is a plus
* Knowledge and use of Adobe Suite is a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator)
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a college or university in a relevant 3D/Design subject or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Minimum 3 years of practical experience in 3D Visualization or Design environment
At adidas we have a winning culture. But to win, physical power is not enough. Just like athletes our employees need mental strength in their game. We foster the athlete's mindset through a set of behaviors that we want to enable and develop in our people and that are at the core of our unique company culture - the 3Cs: CONFIDENCE, COLLABORATION and CREATIVITY.
* CONFIDENCE allows athletes to make quick decisions on the field, to reach higher. For us at adidas confidence means acknowledging that we don't have all the answers. But we are willing to take risks, we try new things. And if we fail, then this is part of our learning - it helps us improve.
* COLLABORATION. Every elite athlete relies on partners: coaches, teammates, and nutritionists. We, too, know that we are stronger together. Winning as one team takes open and candid dialogue, inclusiveness and trust in each other's abilities and talents.
* Being the best sports company in the world takes CREATIVITY. No great athlete succeeds by copying their predecessors' training plans and strategies. We have to be open to new ideas, explore, gain an edge and stand out. Only then can we succeed.
adidas celebrates diversity, supports inclusiveness and encourages individual expression in our workplace. We do not tolerate the harassment or discrimination toward any of our applicants or employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: 3D Generative Designer - YEEZY
Location: Los Angeles
Contract Type: Full time
Date: May 6, 2021