Employment Type: Full-Time
Testan Law has an immediate opening for a workers' compensation defense attorney with at least 2 years of experience for our Oakland, CA, office. Ideal candidates must have strong litigation, verbal and writing skills. Applicants must be in good standing with the California Bar Association.
The ideal candidate will handle all aspects of defending workers' compensation claims for benefits including medical, disability, impairment, increased benefits under LC 132a, coverage and employment defenses for clients including insurance companies, third party administrators and employer representatives. Handle all aspects of litigation, including discovery, depositions, trials, arbitrations, liens, and settlement negotiations and documents.
* Case evaluation and preparation
* Prepare for and attend hearings/depositions
* Report on hearing, depositions, appearances
* Correspond as needed
* File pleadings in response to applicants claims filed
* Appearance at WCAB
* Prepare correspondence to clients regarding status and updates of active claims
* Perform legal research and analyze cases
* Develop/recommend case strategy
* Develop plan of action
* Write briefs and pleadings
* Negotiate settlements
* Administrative duties as they relate to the practice of law
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
* Knowledge of workers' comp law
* Ability to spot legal issues in other areas
* Ability to manage caseload effectively
* Effective time management
* Demonstrate good judgment
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Technologically adept
* Excellent organizational skills
The job location is Oakland, CA. For more information about our company, please visit our website at testanlaw.com
Testan Law offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, life, vacation/sick time off, short- and long-term disability insurance, medical flexible spending accounts, and 401k.
Please email your resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .rtf, .html, or .ascii format to the address below. If you wish to enclose a cover letter, please include it in the body of your email message.