Sr Scientist- RNA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Every immune system has a story to tell- the key is knowing how to listen. Our goal is to meaningfully improve people's lives by learning from the wisdom of their adaptive immune systems. It's a bold objective that we're uniquely built to achieve.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count.
The Drug Discovery group at Adaptive Biotechnologies is a multidisciplinary group focused on leveraging Adaptive's immune medicine platform, TCR discovery cellular immunology capabilities, and technology developments to develop differentiated, transformative cellular therapeutics.
Adaptive is seeking an accomplished, creative, and highly motivated laboratory scientist to join the newly formed Cell Therapy Development team in South San Francisco. The Cell Therapy Development team is responsible for Adaptive's state-of-the art cellular immunology laboratory process and assay development requirements to advance personalized T cell therapies targeting tumor neoantigens.
The individual will be a key contributor to process and product development efforts aimed at the selection of TCRs from patients. This key role will lead the transition and implementation of Adaptive's T-cell receptor (TCR) discovery and antigen specificity molecular assays from research and proof-of-concept to the development stage. S/he will develop and execute novel cellular and molecular assays in a development setting, contribute to the implementation of an end-to-end TCR screening and characterization workflow, assay validations, and standardization of therapeutic grade TCRs in support of FDA filings, Phase I trials and other technical studies.
* Support tech transfer, development, qualification, implementation, and remediation of methods related to high-throughput IVT RNA synthesis and identification of antigen-specific T cells
* Work collaboratively to support the development of real-time, patient-specific TCR screening process for a personalized TCR-based cell therapy product
* Synthesize IVT RNA at a large scale from a variety of constructs, extract DNA/RNA, and clone DNA
* Execute immune cell biology-based assay to support TCR discovery efforts. Execute flow cytometric-based immune cell phenotyping and cell sorting as needed
* Review, analyze, interpret data, and report findings to manager
* Author, review, and edit technical documents; e.g., SOPs and reports
* Effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects and experiments of varying size and scope and allocate resources appropriately to meet deadlines
* Coordinate projects and experiments with other scientists and research associates
* Present findings to internal and external stakeholders
* Be a source of expertise for cutting edge molecular biology by keeping up with current literature
* Maintain laboratory instruments, reagents, consumables, and other routine laboratory tasks as needed
* Ph.D. in Molecular Biology or related discipline with 5+ years of industry experience, M.S. in Molecular Biology or related discipline with 13+ years of industry experience, or B.S. in Molecular Biology or related discipline with 15+ years of industry experience
* Strong background in molecular and synthetic biology including 2+ years' experience with in vitro transcription of RNA, plasmid knowledge, and PCR amplification
* Ability to maintain organized and detailed records.
* Experience with handling human tissue specimens (blood, etc.)
* Exceptional attention to detail and impeccable record-keeping skills
* Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Experience in a GLP or GMP laboratory is a plus
* Familiarity with ICH guidelines is a plus
The individual will handle human biological specimens. Additionally, the urgency of patient sample data may require occasional night and weekend work. The position may require extended periods of time at the laboratory bench and the ability to lift 20 kg.
Adaptive Biotechnologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.