Employment Type: Full-Time
Acxiom is looking for a Systems Engineer that will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of information systems that support core organizational functions and customers. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all operating systems assigned. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems.
This opportunity is open to remote candidates.
What you will do:
- Determines need for and Responsible for installing and configuring server operating systems and build/utilize OS provisioning repositories where available
- Writes batch and shell scripts for computer systems automation and information gathering.
- Review computer systems performance and identify, recommend and implement corrective actions
- Documents server design run books and mentors other with less experience
- Develop guidelines and installation instructions for software programs and code upgrades
- Build Operating system patch deployment schedules to efficiently execute mass patch deployments
- Build code deployment methodologies and create run books for others to utilize
- Responsible for storage configurations and general understand of SAN Storage and tools
- Participate in the execution of Disaster Recovery exercises and own specific server tasks
- Possess a full understanding of server hardware components, including blades, enclosures and/or physical servers
- Knowledgeable with network design, components and computer systems interactions