Technical Team Lead, Tools
Employment Type: Full-Time
Technical Team Lead, Tools
Who we are:
Demonware is a member of the Activision family of studios. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
What we do:
We're looking for a Technical Team Lead to join the Tools Platform team who is responsible for delivering bundled suites of services for game studios. You will collaborate with experts across Demonware and Game Studios to build and deliver core game development and liveops tooling that helps connect and bring entertainment to hundreds of millions of people.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to move into a leadership role, influencing change and providing solutions for Demonware's engineering challenges.
* Provide leadership and technical direction for the platform and the various products owned by the Tooling team including player management, telemetry, systems logging, permissions and debugging, dashboards and online services tooling
* Liaise with internal service developers and game studios on feature implementation, ensuring their requirements are met in a timely and appropriate manner
* Ensure all components are highly scalable, maintainable, and monitored
* Champion Demonware's standards of reliability and quality by using best practices in software engineering and modular design
* You will collaborate with the project manager to map out and deliver team objectives and priorities for the year based on company goals and product roadmap
* You will organize and coordinate the work of the team to effectively work on features together and with other teams in Demonware
* Career development, coaching and mentoring for other team members
* 6+ years of experience in a similar technical leadership role (other combinations of technical skills and experience will be considered)
* Experience in building front end tooling and dashboards (React, GraphQL, Typescript, ag-Grid, data intensive applications)
* Experience designing, developing, and supporting scalable web applications in production
* Experience ensuring the software produced by your team achieves the quality bar expected
* Experience ensuring your team's software development process works effectively and supports the pace and needs of the project
* Interest in analyzing requirements and making corresponding design and technical decisions
* Interest to own the day-to-day fundamentals of engineering projects and steer their technical direction with minimal supervision
* Product Management
* Experience implementing Live Operations tooling
* Understanding of modern game-play designs for AAA games - the ability to engage with both game designers and software engineers
* Knowledge of Django web framework
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, pension and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.