Senior Systems Designer - Treyarch
Employment Type: Full-Time
Senior Systems Designer - Treyarch
As a Senior Systems Designer at Treyarch you will collaborate with development teammates from all disciplines to bring progression, monetization, social, and competitive systems to reality. Starting from high-level design direction, you'll work with other Systems Designers and team members to create design documentation and assist prototype, iteration, and execution of a variety of Global Systems features.
Global Systems is responsible for the design and creation of game-wide systems that provide long-term fun and engagement in our games. Most of the systems this team delivers are intertwined across the entire game and support a mix of PVP and PVE experiences that cater to a variety of casual, enthusiast, and competitive audiences.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person's circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
As Senior Systems Designer at Treyarch, you will:
* Design progression, monetization, social, and/or competitive systems that delight and engage players for long periods of time.
* Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to manage features from ideation to execution, providing feedback and guidance through each step of the process.
* Implement assets and data required to support Global Systems features.
* Partner with User Research teams to capture data and feedback that can be used to iterate, improve, and tune owned features.
* Identify opportunities to improve systems design process and workflows and put those improvements into practice with the help of development partners.
* Playtest regularly and provide feedback on global systems features and other components of our games.
The skills and experience we're looking for:
* Professional experience designing progression, monetization, social, and/or competitive game systems.
* Self-motivated work ethic with a desire to learn, absorb feedback, and tackle a variety of design work.
* Attention to detail and a thoughtful approach to solving design problems.
* Experience in Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel or willingness to adopt and learn these programs for design documentation.
* Positive, supportive, and collaborative approach to working with team members.
* Understanding and consideration of diverse perspectives and experiences.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the studio's most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty's Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.