Gas Transmission Forester
Employment Type: Full-Time
We empower the best people to help sustain our world. 100% employee-owned. Independence guaranteed.
ACRT Pacific, LLC.
Pay Range: $22+
Depending upon work experience and credentials.
ACRT Pacific is currently seeking energetic experienced professionals who enjoy working outdoors. Our Gas Transmission Forester position is ideal for seasoned professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, conservation, or related disciplines and with experience in these fields and line of work.
Contingent at the approval of our clients, our Gas Transmission Foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along gas transmission lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews. Note: This position is designated as a Safety-Sensitive role.
We have immediate positions available throughout Northern California.
* Required to be at least 21 years of age
* 2- or 4-year degree in Forestry, Horticulture, Natural Resources, or related fields preferred
* 12 months experience in utility line clearance planning or 2 years utility vegetation management pre-inspection experience preferred
* ISA Certified Arborist desired, and must be met within 12 months of employment • Must be willing to travel and spend periods of time away from home
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working with data collection devices and GIS software desired
* Basic understanding of computers and experience with Microsoft Office Suite Required
* Self-motivated, organized, and production oriented
* Strong customer relation skills
* Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather
* ISA Utility Specialist Certification a plus
* Valid Driver License
* Must be willing to travel periodically
* Inspect and evaluate trees and vegetation impacting PG&E gas transmission lines.
* Prescribe necessary trimming and removals for trees along utility Right of Ways (ROWs), based on species, assessed growth rates, and fail potentials.
* Patrol for hazard trees to maintain public safety.
* Coordinate access and customer issues with assigned tree crews. • Assist with submitting inspection results and professional recommendations to our clients.
* Work independently outdoors, in rugged terrain, and inclement weather- including temperatures above 100 F, heavy rain, and snow. Terrain includes urban, heavily vegetated, hilly and mountainous, and swampy areas. We patrol everywhere utility lines run.
* Communicate inspection results with landowners, business owners, public officials, and utility stakeholders to facilitate timely completion of work.
* Always maintain ACRT's culture of safety.
* Map reading and orienteering.
* ACRT Pacific offers competitive wages and excellent benefits.
* ACRT Pacific is 100% employee-owned; it's not just a job…it's YOUR Company!!!
* ACRT Pacific offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families.
* Company provided vehicle for commuting and travel
* Company Cellphone
* Company Gas Card
* 401 K Match
* Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
* Group Life Insurance
* Optional Life Insurance
* Paid Vacation
* Paid Holidays
* ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
* Professional credential reimbursement
* Other Company Paid Benefits
Our workforce is essential to keeping the power on for millions of Americans who are either working to fight COVID-19 or who are staying home to stay safe. At ACRT Services our top priority is keeping our employees and those around us safe. Our business naturally lends itself to physical distancing; most of our employees work independently and are provided their own company vehicle, allowing them to avoid close contact with others. Safety has always been a core value and through this pandemic is no different. We have put in safety protocols and initiatives following the guidance of the CDC to keep our workers safe.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)