Retail Job Coach- Paso Robles
Employment Type: Part-Time
Employment Opportunity: Retail-Job Coach
Job Coach - Retail Job Summary:
The Job Coach provides for support and training to Individuals served in order to ensure long term success. The Retail Job Coach provides for the efficient, safe and effective operation of the company Thrift Store, works to meet and exceed the customers expectations, donation profitability and use of the site as an effective retail training venture. Essential Duties Include:
* Maintain a courteous, positive, enthusiastic, well-mannered and professional demeanor while working with Individuals served and the community.
* Responsible for learning the operations of multiple locations.
* Need to be flexible with work schedules and work according to the need.
* Will work with a variety of Individuals served and be able to adjust to the groups needs.
* Understand each of the agencys contracts and maintain satisfaction while filling in.
* Keep open communications with the Supported Employment Supervisor and other Job Coaches.
* Follow safety procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and cleaning solutions.
Good Benefits & Compensation
* Nationwide 403(B) Retirement Plan
Perks of becoming an Owl:
NCI employees are self-motivated individuals who demonstrate and embrace our commitment to customer service. As we interface with employers, our employees represent NCI and provide the teamwork needed to form a lasting work relationship with our community partners. We believe that a cohesive, caring environment will empower our individuals to find success professionally and as well as personally.
Making a Difference
We create a positive impact & change for those we serve and the communities we live in. Achieving our mission as an agency: Building Partnerships & Creating Choices
Education / Experience:
A high school education or equivalent is required. Previous experience working with developmentally disabled adults preferred.
Must have own vehicle, maintain a current California drivers license and provide on-going proof of current state required auto insurance. Must have an acceptable driving record as determined by criteria established by the Agencys insurance carrier. Must clear fingerprints through the California Department of Justice and FBI. The ability to successfully complete First Aid / CPR training is mandatory.
Skills and Abilities Preferred:
Necessary for this position are compassion, patience, good communication, resourcefulness, and the ability to make sound decisions. Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and prioritize workload. Strong English oral and written communication skills are required. Reading, writing, basic math skills, attention to detail for extended periods of time, repetition, problem solving, and the ability to motivate others.
Essential functions of this position require that employees regularly sit, stand, bend, twist and walk. Employees may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 lbs.