ABD Insurance & Financial Services in Walnut Creek, CA
- Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations - Account Executive/Manager
- Type: Full Time
At ABD we ve built something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on the core tenets of Work, Love and Play.
Work: ABD is a team of risk and reward advisors who provide industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, human resource management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients, so they can focus on building their success. At ABD, your ideas and actions matter. You control your work, engage your intellect and are supported as you grow your expertise.
Love: We love what we do. We thrive on the opportunity to innovate and BE better. We are also committed to spreading our passions evenly, so that every ABD employee has a fulfilling life in addition to a rewarding career. At ABD, you are part of a team that is in this together!
Play: We enjoy our clients and colleagues. And we believe that balanced happiness leads to shared success. We love a lasting laugh and try not to miss out on a good time whether it s a game, bowling, onsite barbeque, or a spontaneous celebration of our team-mates. At ABD, we share the fun of life and have fun at work.
This position is responsible for assisting ABD employee benefits clients on a day to day basis by servicing them with the optimal combination of employee benefit programs, communication and service administration to help them achieve their business goals. Your exceptional communication skills help you connect with clients by email and phone - quickly establishing trust and rapport.
FROM THE TEAM:
We support one another to help each other grow and to be sure we succeed together in supporting our clients - We are a TEAM. We make a difference on a daily basis by providing exceptional service to our clients and their employees. What's exciting about this position is the variety in the work. No client is the same, so you cannot expect the same resolution will yield the same results each time. Every day provides the opportunity to learn something new, try new things, and have fun! Our best employee in this role has the willingness to learn, attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and is dependable.
- This position is a salaried, full-time and exempt role.
- This position is located at ABD s Walnut Creek office.
- This position reports to the VP, Senior Account Executive.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Serve as the first point of contact for clients.
- Manage client project plans and scheduling of client meetings; actively participate in client meetings.
- Lead the renewal and marketing process for clients.
- Conduct client open enrollment meetings as needed.
- Manage escalated and complex client issues.
- Manage product and carrier implementations.
- Manage client technology solutions.
- Develop and deliver communication strategies for clients.
- Prepare and deliver of compliance deliverables (5500s, SPD Wraps, annual notices, ACA, etc.).
- Independently manage 7-10 client accounts or $1M to 1.5M in revenue.
- Have oversight and review of Account Coordinator s responsibilities to ensure accuracy.
- May manage and/or train the next level down (i.e. AE may manage and train AMs or ACs.; AM may manage and train ACs)
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Ability to multi-task efficiently, to understand urgency, and to be flexible with ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must work well with others in a fast-paced, customer service oriented environment and be responsive to co-workers and colleagues. Must also work independently, with minimal supervision and have the ability to take initiative and create solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as use of the Internet. Ability to learn and implement other programs quickly and efficiently.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be able to screen details and identify potential discrepancies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional telephone etiquette for a call-center environment including, but not limited to: listening without interrupting and using a clear and audible voice, respond calmly and professionally.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Active participation as an ABD team member, suggesting improvements in processes and procedures and ways to make the organization better.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of Human Resource, Carrier or Employee Benefits experience required.
- Insurance industry background or knowledge of group products preferred.
- Must continue to meet continuing education requirements for CA Department of insurance license renewal
CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- CA Department of Insurance Life License (required or completed within 3 months of start date).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
ABD is a team of expert advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!