Die Cutting Operator II
Employment Type: Full-Time
WORK SCHEDULE: 1st Shift (4:00am- 10:00am, Monday- Friday)
SUMMARY: The Die Cutting Operator is responsible for the set up, adjustment and safe operation of all die cutting equipment to produce a quality finished product that meets customer specifications and quality standards.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Please note the listed duties and responsibilities do not cover or contain an inclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* Access the batching system to view batch lists and identify priority jobs to be completed for gang runs
* Review job tickets and plan work processes to meet customer specifications for custom jobs
* Make machine (s) ready, set up assigned machine(s) to specifications and run products as required
* Quality control of completed jobs, providing updates on job status and schedule to the supervisor
* Make adjustments as needed to maintain specifications and timely flow of materials
* Monitor assigned machine during run to ensure machine is maintaining the proper registration and proper cut and scoring specifications
* Unload machine and stack materials on pallets
* Ensure the completion of jobs meeting quality and quantity requirements
* Troubleshoot machine problems, resolve if possible, notifying Supervisor or Plant Management
* Maintain proper machine maintenance and lubrication
* Remove recycled paper and unload scrap trailer
* Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
* Ensure all equipment, tools, and work station are in good working order and is free of safety hazards
* Report any and all workplace hazards to management immediately
* Wear all assigned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when required
* Report all work related injuries, illnesses, and/or near misses to management immediately
* Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulation
* Maintain departmental housekeeping standards, such as keeping floors swept and absent of debris that may be a work hazard
* Provide thorough training to employees including but not limited to new hires, transfers, and newly promoted employees as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
* Able to read and comprehend job assignment tickets and customer instructional specifications
* Communicate effectively
* Excellent attention to detail
* Quality Oriented
* Team Player - Stays to get the job done
* Able to resolve practical production equipment problems with logical solutions in a timely manner
* Happy to work and accept varying shifts
* Flexible to cross train and work in other departments, apparatus
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or fee
* Frequently required to walk; use foot/feet to operate machines, listen/speak
* Regularly required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch
* Capable and able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs.
* Manufacturing environment with exposure to noise at varying levels