Employment Type: Full-Time
IT & Security
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an IT Administrator who will aid in the day-to-day technical needs for our IT Team and the organization. You will be responsible for troubleshooting and sustaining the Mac OS X and Windows end user workstations.
We are looking for someone who enjoys building relationships with the business, while helping to optimize the performance of our IT infrastructure. You will provide general technical resources and assist IT Management with a variety of technical elements related to IT projects.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe's mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what's possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
* Active team member on our Corporate IT team
* Provide technical expertise to company end users
* Coordinate IT requirement gathering and implementation for hardware, instruments, software and infrastructure which are unique to Therapeutics team
* Provide A/V and meeting technology assistance
* Assist lab teams with accessibility of internal web sites, network file share directory structure and content of file systems
* Perform new hire setups, including computer build and desk setup
* Maintain the IT ticketing queue. Close tickets within the company service level agreements.
* Work with others on the Corporate IT team and provide employees with a central location to get assistance.
What you'll bring
* Excellent diagnostic skills with the ability to use resources to solve complicated system issues.
* Ability to work as part of a team but also focus on specific delegated tasks.
* Experience with Okta, Jamf Pro & Group Management rules
* Familiar with centralized client management systems
* Significant knowledge of a broad range of Mac OS X and Windows based applications
* Knowledge of networking concepts
* Organization, proactiveness, and the ability to work independently in a quickly growing environment
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical end users
* Excellent customer service skills. Must be adept with working with all levels of the organization
* Able to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a quickly evolving environment
* API configuration and setup
* Knowledge of Network Appliances (NetApp filer), Unix and Powershell scripting, Virtualization (OpenVZ, VMWare), Amazon Web Service (AWS)
* Experience supporting users of electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) and laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its '50 Smartest Companies, 2017' list, and named one of Fast Company's '25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017'. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual's race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.